Kirknewton Primary School

Imaginative Writing – Primary 1

This afternoon the children were surprised to find footprints in their classroom.

After some investigation we found out that some of our toys had awoken and come alive over lunchtime.  They were reading stories in the reading den, writing sentences and drawing pictures in the art area.

We decided to write some imaginative stories about what the toys had been up to.  We could write about the toys in the classroom or our toys at home.

We also had great fun reading stories to the toys and helping them to finish their sentences.

Here are some of our stories:

The gwufuwo (Gruffalo) woc up he reeded a stowee he wos hapee. – MAS

my toys mwgatron (Megatron) woke up. hee ate al our dinner. – LS

my car wok.up it went in my plow (pillow) – NG

Neley The ELF mAd a shoo tran (shoe train) with tous (toys). – IH

1. How exciting Primary 1! Imagine all your toys coming to life over lunch time so magical. I was very impresssed with your imaginative writing, perhaps you could come and share your work with P2 when you get a moment. I loved Charlie’s story about the biting dinosaur.

2. Great idea! F&I have loved this – and been waking up early every morning to see if their toys have been having fun! It has really captured their imaginations.