Kirknewton Primary School

Primary 2 week ending 14/09/18

The Rainbow fish  book study.

Some of the children volunteered to stand up and share their learning with the rest of the school. Mrs Tracey was very impressed with the children’s stories and fact files. Here are some comments about our learning.

” I liked writing my story and drawing a picture. ” Michael.

I liked painting the fish.” Sara

“I liked decorating our own rainbow fish.”

” I liked when the Rainbow fish shared his scales”.

The children began to learn how to “write” notes and copied down some interesting facts.

Ru found out that an octopus can be 23 feet long and turn white when scared and red when angry.  He thought the best thing was standing up in assembly to talk.

We continued our RESILIENCE health and well being . We read the “lion inside”. We also learned elephants are scared of mice as well as the lion in the story. We took part in circle time and talked about the changes in our life and how change can be good even if we cannot control it. We listened to Skipper’s up and down day and had to decide  how we might feel up, calm or down. At the end of the week we took part in our yoga session.

1. Hi Primary 2,

It sounds like you have had a great week! I know how much you enjoy yoga – glad to hear you are going to keep this going.

Ms. A

2. Primary 2- I was so impressed with your writing! You shared your fact files with ten whole school, many of the facts we never knew, so thank you for teaching us!

I know that you have been trying really hard to be kind to each other and share you resources and playground toys, just like tbe Rainbow Fish did.

Well done P2!