Kirknewton Primary School

Fun Family Maths

Primary 3 would like to thank all of the Mums, Dads, Grannies, Grandads, carers and friends who joined us on Thursday afternoon for our Maths Drop In.

“I liked showing my Mum the Chilli Challenge and testing my Mum on problem solving!” Niamh

“I liked showing my Mum the Fact Triangles but I had to show her a few times what to do!” Darcee

“I thought the best part of our Maths Drop In Afternoon was showing my Mum how to use an Empty Number Line. It was fun to teach my Mum!” Imogen

“The best part of our afternoon was playing the board games with my Dad, he really enjoyed our Nice or Nasty Place Value Game. I beat him both times though because he was mucking around!” Dylan

“I enjoyed playing the Mental Maths Train Game on the Smartboard with my Dad, we got stuck on a sum but we used the numbers in the class to help us” Daylen

Primary 3 did an excellent job at our School Assembly today where we shared our love of the book, The BFG by Roald Dahl. Some of us were a little bit nervous before we started, but we gave our drama performance our very best efforts and the rest of the school seemed to love it. Mrs Dunlop was, as always, very proud of her class. We have found a love for drama and Mrs Dunlop has promised that we can do lots of different drama activities over the course of the year.

1. Hi Primary 3,

I also had a great time in your class during the family learning session. Keep up the good work!

Ms. A

2. Thanks for having us at the maths drop in, it was great to see what you have been learning. Great to hear your BFG performance went well too!

3. Primary 3 – You impressed the whole school on Friday! Every child participated well, you were able to use a script, you were able to use different voices and actions to keep the audience engaged and you told us the story of The BFG, perfectly timed for Roals Dahl day.
    I loved how you made your own costumes too!

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed showing your classroom to your family and sharing some of your learning.