Kirknewton Primary School

The Superpower of Yet!

This week in Primary 3 we have been working hard to use our Growth Mindset in everything we do.  The children have been encouraging one another and reminding their friends to try and think “I can’t do it – YET” rather than giving up.  This really helped us during our numeracy lessons this week where we started to look at rounding up and down.  Many of the children initially found this concept challenging but over the week they have persisted and worked very hard, and now are feeling much more comfortable with this topic.  We very much hope that parents and carers will be able to join us for our Maths Drop In afternoon on Thursday next week which will allow the children the opportunity to show you what they have learned so far – they might even teach you something new!

Drama is continuing to be very popular in the class; we are currently rehearsing a small play based on the BFG which we will be showcasing to the rest of the school next week during assembly.  Some of the children were disappointed not to have speaking parts, but there will be opportunities later on in the year for those who missed out this time to have a chance of a speaking role.  No costumes are required for this, but if your child does have a speaking role it would be helpful if you could practice their words with them.

Just a quick reminder that PE is now on a Monday afternoon and first thing on a Wednesday morning.

1. Primary 3, I cannot wait to see your BFG drama in assembly next Friday. I remember how good you are at acting from your P2 assembly last year.

2. We are excited about the upcoming Maths Drop In. Looks like there will be lots of ups and downs ;).

I am grateful for the “I can’t do it – YET” mindset. Thank you for the reminder. It helps us with even our adult ups and downs.