Kirknewton Primary School

Message from Mrs Tracey

I would like to say a massive thank you to all the members of staff, children and parents who have made me feel welcome and part of the Kirknewton Primary Community already.
I am hugely impressed with the manners and friendliness shown by the children in our school and I cannot wait to get to know them more.
We have a busy and exciting school year planned, as was shared with the children at our first Assembly on Friday morning. Assemblies will be every Friday morning and we look forward to celebrating our week and coming together as school community each Friday. Dates of class ‘Sharing the Learning’ Assemblies will be shared next week in the August Newsletter.
Particularly impressive were the new Primary One pupils who participated fully in their very first school Assembly- well done to each and everyone of you! The staff and P7 Buddies have done an amazing job of settling the P1’s into school life successfully and they have used their ‘Growth Mindset’ to learn new routines and words and begin to build positive relationships with the adults and children in our school.
Thank you to everyone for a successful and enjoyable first week in school.
Have a lovely weekend,
Mrs Tracey
Acting Head Teacher