On Tuesday we invited our mums and grannies to join us in the nursery for a Mother’s Day celebration. We planted sunflower seeds, painted our handprints onto a poem and showed them what we enjoy doing in the nursery.
Mummy played in the sand with me. We painted flowers too. – Ryan
I was filling up bottles in the water tray with Mummy. She was helping me to make a picture of flowers. – Faith
I made a junk model with Mum. – William
I liked playing with my Mummy. We made a model of blueberries and I gave them to Mummy. We made snowballs with the sand. – Rory
I showed Mummy my Transformers models made of Knex. – Brodie
Over the past few weeks we have linked our outdoor learning to our Egyptian topic. We have been working to develop skills including team work, creativity, problem-solving and communication.
We wrote messages in hieroglyphics in the mud using sticks.
We built pyramids using natural materials.
Shadufs were used to collect water from the River Nile. We worked in small groups to construct working shadufs.
It was a beautiful day so Primary 2 decided to go fly their kites. Some of us had never flown a kite before so we had to experiment and find the windiest places to fly our kites.
Here are some comments about our activity:
This was the best day ever! – Louis
It was so much fun! – Iria
I ran very fast with my kite – Ryan
Primary 1 have recently finished their topic all about Fairyland. The pupils invited parents, family and friends in to see and hear all about their learning. Below are a selection of comments from the recent visit.
- We loved our visit to Fairyland. Thanks for the yummy cakes. The castle was the best!
- Great to see all the hard work and fun!
- Thought it was excellent.
- Fantastic!! Great to see all the excited faces on all the kids. Thanks for the lovely cake!
- Fairyland was amazing! Thank you for sharing it with us. The cakes were lovely too!
- Enjoyed reading the children’s stories. Lovely colourful work. Well done to all the Primary 1 pupils and staff.
- It has been lovely to join in with the children’s activities. They were very proud of what they had done!
- It was lovely to come and share the children’s work.
- Lovely afternoon – we had a lovely time at the fairytale tea party – thank you.
- Really enjoyed being shown round by my son. His enthusiasm for Fairyland was infectious.
- Fairyland was wonderland. You all did so well.
- Was great to be able to join in with all the activities that have been talked about at home.
- Had a lovely time being part of the P1 fairyland. The event was well organised and the kids loved it. Cupcakes were gorgeous.
- Lovely laid out. Lots of interesting stories. Super display of fairytales.
- Lots to see, nice to see what the children do in school today.
- Really enjoyed visiting fairyland. Well done P1.
- Enjoyed the visit. So different from when I was at school.
- Very good. Brilliant!!
- What a fun party – the children have done so well and they clearly loved the topic – fabulous.
- Very nice time. Nice to see what they have been doing. Cakes were great.
- Lovely to see all the work the children have been doing all year.
- Very interesting. Lots of hard work has been done here.
- Wonderful idea. Thank you for inviting us!
- Very impressive.
- Thank you so much. I really enjoyed seeing all your hard work and sharing some time in the classroom and the cakes were delicious.
- Lovely event! Great to see what the children have been working on.
- Thank you for sharing the magic of Fairyland.
As you may now know, we are taking part in raising awareness by dressing brightly on Friday 28th March for Earth Hour this year. Earth Hour takes place on Saturday 29th March when you are encouraged to switch off your lights for 1 hour at 8.30pm.
The Kaimes Eco Pupil Group have been learning about sustainaibility and participated in the Earth Hour activity of creating a wish for the future of the plaent.
Leave a comment below to share your wish for the future with us!
Here are some of our wishes: