Kirknewton Primary School

April 28, 2016
by Ms Anderson
0 comments

Primary 3 work flat out

For the last few weeks Primary 3 have been reading the story of Flat Stanley (by Jeff Brown). We have enjoyed following Stanley Lambchop’s adventures as a young boy who became flat when his pinboard fell on him. We have written news reports, designed a ‘Flat Me’, thought about the things that a flat person could do and those things that a flat person couldn’t do. To finish off we have all designed our own version of Flat Stanley to send on to friends or family. We are hoping that these Flat Stanleys will have lots of fun and that we will receive photos of the different types of activities that they take part in. If you are lucky enough to receive a Flat Stanley please could you take good care of him!

IMG_0008[1]

IMG_0004[1]

April 25, 2016
by Miss Gardiner
0 comments

Primary 7 – 25/4/16

Good morning!

We have had a special visitor this morning! We have had a visit from ‘Flat Stanley’ from America! he has come from Pacific Rim Elementary School in San Diego! He has been joining in with us today. He has enjoyed watching us do our reading and writing work. He has also enjoyed some Scottish tablet in the staffroom! He joined us on our ‘Walk a mile a day’ scheme and is going to be taking part in our French lesson this afternoon!

We will upload some of our photos from Lochgoilhead later this week! We had a BRILLIANT time!!

thumbnail_IMG_0203

Miss G & P7

April 22, 2016
by Ms Payne
1 Comment

Primary 2 Dragon Party

Sparky the Friendly dragon threw a party for Primary 1 and 2 to say thank you for all their work rebuilding Fairyland.  We had a great time dancing, playing games and eating!

Evan – I liked playing corners.

Tierni – I liked playing the games.

Payton – I liked when we played the games and the food.

Michael – I liked when we danced about and had fun

Cayden – I liked the Fairy corners.

Luke – I liked the game where you passed around Cinderella’s shoe.

Kayley – I liked making my crown.

Jakub – I liked dressing up as a Knight and doing all the fun games.

Brogan – I liked Ms Payne dressing up – It was cool.

Fairyland has been a fantastic topic and we are all very sad that it has ended!

April 21, 2016
by Mrs Griffiths
0 comments

Nursery Blast Off To The Moon 21/04/16

This week we have been using books and the internet to learn about the moon.

P4180211

P4200003

P4200006

P4200005

We made moons for our space area. We used Cheerios to represent the craters on the surface of the moon.

P4200001

We have been using this song to help us learn about the solar system.

April 20, 2016
by Mr Buckley
1 Comment

Primary 6 Technology. 20/4/16

Our next technology project is well under way.  We are converting our wind powered craft to work with electricity – a tower for the motor/propeller assembly and a cage to hold the battery. IMG_0543 IMG_0544 IMG_0545 IMG_0546 IMG_0548 IMG_0549 IMG_0550 IMG_0551 IMG_0552 IMG_0554 IMG_0555 IMG_0556 IMG_0557

Harry is very in to his technology and has adopted the “pencil behind the ear” look.

April 20, 2016
by Ms Anderson
0 comments

Primary 7 – Happy Campers

Our campers are having a ball so far! After arriving at camp everyone participated in raft building and abseiling in the afternoon, with the Lochgoilhead Olympics in the evening. Dinner was a choice between sausages or quiche.

April 16, 2016
by Ms Anderson
0 comments

Primary 5 (&7) do Higher Maths Work!

On Friday we took part in a very important lesson, taught by Mr Sexton who is based in Deans Community High School. Mr Sexton taught us about exponential factors, using the power of pocket money. The next time we use exponential factors will probably bein S5 so we’ll have a fantastic head start! Everyone worked really hard and we understood what exponential factors are (including real life examples like the earthquake Richter scale). We also learned why it was vitally important to wash your hands after going to the toilet and how this links to exponential factors.

We really enjoyed Mr Sexton’s lesson and were able to ask him questions. This particularly impressive as he was actually still in Deans Community High School and we were still in our classroom! We used Skype through Glow to connect (although only teacher Glow accounts can access the Skype functionality).

Here are a few photos of our lesson

image image image image image

We hope that we will be able to use Skype to connect with other teachers, classes and schools in the future. In the meantime we can use Yammer to help us learn (and to chat!).

Report a Glow concern Cookie policy