Inveralmond Early Years Centre and Ladywell Nursery School

Ladywell Nursery School and Inveralmond Early Years Centre

March 18th2019

As part of my current role in the nursery I have been inviting children to come and play a range of attention and listening games. Good listening, sitting still, looking and listening at the person who is talking and listening to all the words are the focus for these games.

All the children have been offered the chance to play and most have opted to come and join in and keen to come again.

For the next few weeks we will be working on  activities in which we keep a steady beat. This is like clapping or marching in time to music . We will also be exploring rhythm where we will clap or tap syllables of words, starting with their names and familiar objects.

I would be very happy to chat to anyone about the work I am doing at any time. I will be around both nurseries on parents evenings if anyone would like to talk to me about the games we play and about my role in the nursery supporting literacy development generally.

Mary Crichton