Dechmont Infant School Blog

Nursery Transition

It was lovely to meet you all and meet next years P1’s over the last two weeks. I’m very excited to be your teacher next year.

I hope you are having fun doing the Sharing the Shell activities on your topic grid. I’ve added all the resources on here in case anyone has misplaced them. I’ve also added some extra ones too.

Things to focus on

• Encourage your child to retell the story in their own words.
  • Encourage your child to sequence the events in the story.
  • Once you have made the characters encourage your child to act out the story. They may even create their own story using the characters.
  • Use the counting sheet and things in the book to have a go at counting. Encourage your child to touch and count as this will help them later with using a numberline.
  • Handwriting sheets will help your child with pencil control.
  • Try getting them to write their name. Please only use a capital at the start and then small letters for the rest as it is hard to undo if they learn to write it all in capitals.

Remember to post pictures to our twitter so we can see what you have all been up to @DechmontInfSch

Can’t wait to see you all in August!!

Have fun!

Love Mrs Short

sharing a shell learning grid

Sharing-a-Shell-Colouring-Sheets

Sharing-a-Shell-Matching-Mat

Sharing-a-Shell-Pencil-Control-Sheets

Sharing-a-Shell-Stick-Puppets

Sharing-a-Shell-Words-Colouring-Sheet