Outdoor Maths in Class M

This week we took advantage of some nice weather to get outside and do some maths. Outside maths was great fun. We had a choice of activities on ‘challenge cards’ and we enjoyed a variety of measuring, counting and problem solving tasks.

Charlie – I had to find 20 things in the playground and count them and put them on the paper.

Dylan – I was measuring the distance from the bottle to the ball .

Adam – I had to find sticks and make a noughts and crosses shape and find small items to add up to 10.

To link in with some of the measuring we had been doing, we made some chocolate vegetable patches in baking. We had to measure the correct amount of milk to add to the chocolate mix. The finished pots looked like carrots growing out the soil.

Charlie – I made a pudding so it looked like soil and I planted small jelly carrots in it.

David – I was mixing up chocolate pudding so it looks like soil put carrots in the soil . I tasted it . It was good.

Yolie- I put 300ml of milk in the jug put chocolate in and mix it up. I ate it all up it was good.

Adam – We had make earth out of chocolate pudding, crushed Oreo’s and gummy carrots. We put it in the fridge for 5-10 mins then we ate it . I enjoyed it .