5B

An eventful week in 5B this week and lots of quality learning taking place also.

English

In our language work this week we rewrote our pitch ideas for our Dragons Den inventions. In our writing we focused on using persuasive language to make the Dragons want to invest in our Victorian inventions. It was also important that we listed the key facts such as special features, price and why our product was unique.

Maths

Maths this week we have been continuing our learning on fractions. The Pyramid and Spheres group have been investigating simplifying fractions and how to produce equivalent fractions using multiplication. These groups also completed work for DidBook this week which will be posted soon that shows everything we have learned about fractions.

The Cubes and Cylinders focused on fractions of a whole and how to tell if one fraction is greater than another. The Cubes then started working on their simplifying and equivalent fractions also.

LAC

This week has been a jam packed week of Victorian activities. In class we have created our own versions of William Morris prints.  All of the class produced wonderful examples which will form a display in our classroom. As well as this we have been inundated with entrepreneurs pitching their fantastic Victorian inventions to the Dragons Den. So far only two products have received investment, (Sophie for her Stomach Slimmer and Mya for her sweets that make children behave) however I am sure that lots more budding inventors could get money out of the Dragons next week.

Our Thoughts

Caitlin: I enjoyed the parachute games and dragons den.

Harry: I have liked everything this week.

Emma: Dragons Den was my favourite thing this week. Mya’s invention was my favourite.

Sophie: I have liked all of this week.

Ellis: I have enjoyed learning about simplifying and equivalent fractions.

Freddie: Creating my William Morris artwork was my favourite part of the week.

Dadirayi: I liked playing with the parachute and Dragons Den.

Leia: Dragons Den was my highlight – Mya’s invention was my favourite so far.

Evie and Erin: We liked doing our maths assessment.

Evan: I liked parachute games, maths and Dragons Den.