Murder Mystery week!

We have been learning how to write a newspaper article this week. We used a writing planner to take notes before transferring the notes into a full article. We had to make sure we had the correct layout and an appropriate headline. Some of us included quotes in our article and Miss Drummond was impressed with our ‘have a go approach’ with punctuation we weren’t sure of.

Mia– I enjoy writing and I like trying new kinds of writing and different punctuation

Euan – I enjoyed doing the newspaper article and I think I had a good headline – Murder Mystery

Maths

We have been learning about the 24 hour clock this week. It really is extremely tricky because there are 24 hours in a day but that’s actually day and night. A.m. is the part between midnight and midday and pm is between midday and midnight but pm gets 12 hours added on but you don’t say 13 o’clock you say thirteen hundred hours …easy ! There is so much to remember however we are getting there.

Connor – I really enjoyed learning about the 24 hour clock.

Jason – It was tricky at first but I kept trying and that’s our growth mindset

LATC

We have been discussing the death of Lord Darnley and who the possible suspects are, and if he was indeed murdered.

Suvi – I thought that Elizabeth killed Darnley because she wanted Mary to marry one of her friends

William – I think the Earl of Bothwell killed Darnley because he knew everyone hated Darnley and killing him could mean that everyone would want him to be king for killing him

Sophia – I think Mary killed Darnley because she said she was at a masked ball but no one would know if she was there or not or she might have sent someone else in her place . She wanted Darnley dead because he was horrible to her.

Have a great weekend!!!

2 thoughts on “Murder Mystery week!”