P7b Update

It has been a short week at school this week; nevertheless it has been a busy one!

This week we completed art work where we drew the outline of our side profile onto coloured paper then cut it out to make a silhouette.  We then wrote three facts about ourselves and stuck them underneath our silhouette so that others can guess who is who by reading the facts and looking at the shape of our faces.

Yesterday we revised our learning so far about 2D and 3D shapes.  We learned the different names for different triangles (equilateral, scalene, isosceles and right angle.)  We also looked at the art technique called perspective.  This is where objects look smaller when they are further away.  To create perspective art, you have to include a vanishing point and ensure that all corners meet at that exact point.  We transferred our learning about quadrilaterals and triangles by incorporating them into our art work.  Our 2D shapes now look 3D as a result of the vanishing point.  They will look really effective on display in our class.

As part of our CSI context for learning, we examined finger prints.  We learned that there are three main types of fingerprints- loops, arches and whorls.  Approximately 60% of people have loops, 35% have whorls and 5% have arches.

‘I discovered that I had a plain whorl.’ – David.

We looked at our own finger prints and next week will be lifting our prints.  We will also compare the finger prints found at the crime scene in school and compare them with our 6 suspects.

Have a lovely weekend,

P7b

Dojo Winners- David and Millie

RRS- Article 28- Right to an education

2 thoughts on “P7b Update”

1. I’m so chuffed with being a Dojo Winner. Well Done to Millie as well for winning a too! Still need to find out who table of the week is. I’m so excited to find out next week