Class M have a Ramadan supper

This week in RME we learned about Sawm which is one of the Pillars of Islam. Muslims must fast for one month which means they can not eat during the day time. They get up very early to eat (sometimes 4am!) and then can’t eat again until after sunset. This month is called Ramadan. Children under 12 do not need to fast as they are too young. In our class Cary would have to fast this year as he is now 12.

We closed the blinds and switched off the lights in class to pretend it was night time, then we had a supper  of chicken curry, rice, nan bread and poppadums. Everyone enjoyed the feast!

Here are our highlights form the week:

Dylan – I Liked looking at the x-rays on the ribs and the elbows to see if the bones were broken. The indian food I tasted for ramadan was so good, my favourite was poppadoms, chicken curry and nan bread.

Adam – I liked when I went outside and played with the hailstones. It was really fun using chalk and doing my spelling words outside on the ground. I liked being outside at movement time with Cary we played football and Mrs Mallin was really really slow!!

IMG_0364n

Joe – I enjoyed making a map with Mrs Spence. I dipped tea bags into coffee and used the tea bags to put on the paper to make it look old. I tasted rice and it was great. I also had poppadoms and chicken curry this is some of the foods that muslims have at ramadan.