Super work in Class O

009 (2)001

002

003

004

005

Wow! It’s been a busy week in Class O. As well as continuing on our Festival Fun learning journey by learning about Hinduism this week, we have now started to learn about Scotland a long time ago by researching Mary Queen of Scots. We have also been keen to learn about shapes, tiling and symmetry. Some of us have been working on our group work skills and using Maths games to help us learn how to use our Maths in different ways.

Callum “It was interesting to find out that Mary Queen of Scots became queen when she was just a baby. This was very unusual. To begin with, I thought I had made a mistake in my research but it is true. “

Cody “I enjoyed the story of Rama and Sita and finding out why Diwali is called the festival of light. It translates as row of lights and this is how Rama helped finds his was home with Sita when he rescued her.”

Jamie “All beliefs have similar symbols. I created my own Hindu symbol.”

Cameron “Queen Mary was the queen of Scotland and the queen of France. I am looking forward t finding out more interesting things about her.”

Liam “Hindus give each other presents and sweets during Diwali…just like Christmas!”

Yolie “I was making patterns with the shapes. I was trying to see which ones tile and which ones don’t.”