Class O go Out and About!

008009

This week Class O were practising their road safelty skills. We walked to the ice-cream shop, where we had to think about busy traffic and safe places to cross. We discusses the dangers of crossing between parked cars as well as the safe use of pedestrian crossings. We all demonstrated excellent road safety skills.
We were also consolidating our money skills from last term. We were all able to order an ice-cream which we had enough money for and callculate any change we should receive. When we go Out and About again we will continue to practise our road safety skills and will hopefully visit some other places in our local community that will help us develop skills and learn more about our topics.

“I enjoyed going to the ice-cream shop. I have been there with my family too. I was able to independently choose, order and pay for an ice-cream. I chose my favourite flavours – white chocolate and bubblegum!” (Cameron)

“I decided to chose a snow cone. I chose a zombie flavoured one. It was very sour but I really liked it. I paid for it by myself. I was very good at helping the group look for dafe places to cross the roads.” (Cody)

“I was confident calculating how much my ice-cream would cost, deciding if I had enough money and working out how much change I should get. I chose two scoops in a waffle cone – mint choc chip and white chocolate. It was delicious!” (Callum)

“I walked very well to the ice-cream shop and helped look for cars coming so we knew if it was safe to cross or not. It was hard to choose an ice-cream becasue there was lots of flavours. I chose bubblegum. It wsa blue. It was very cold but yummy.” (Liam)

“On the way to the ice-cream shop I help look for cars to see if it was safe to cros over the road. I chose a chocalte waffle cone with chocolate ice-cream and chocoalate sauce.” (Yolie)