P2g reflections

As we prepare for our move on day visit to P3 we have been thinking about what we have enjoyed about being in P2 this year, here are some of our responses:

‘I love Maths in P2.’ Amy
‘I like my teachers in P2.’ James
‘I liked the P2 show.’ Joshua
‘I like reading, writing and maths.’ Lucas
‘I liked learning new things, especially about weather.’ Jess
‘I just like learning.’ Alex
Euan, Kiara, Sofiye and Skye all liked the trip to Stirling Castle.

Next Wednesday we will spend a day in P3 with our new class and teacher.

This week we have been learning how to split numbers into hundreds, tens and ones. We have been very good at identifying the value of digits in numbers.

We have been learning that the wind is moving air and that there are different words to describe the strength of the wind. We were really keen to find out more about extreme weather conditions after finding out about hurricanes and tornadoes. We thought about some questions we wanted to know the answer to and we will be researching using the internet next week to see if we can find the answers. Here are some of the things we want to know more about:

‘Where was the worst flood in Britain?’ Kay
‘Why are there not hurricanes and tornadoes in Scotland?’ Sofiye
‘What kind of weather do they have in the jungle?’ Alex
‘Where do hurricanes happen?’ Jess
‘Why do bush fires happen?’ Euan
‘How does thunder happen?’ Skye

Amy, Kiara, Hannah, Alex and Sofiye are very excited about being flower girls in the procession tomorrow and Euan, Murray and Campbell will be on our school float. Gemma, Spencer and Teighan are also walking with the school. We hope everyone has a great day at the procession tomorrow and has a lovely holiday on Monday.

One thought on “P2g reflections”

1. Hi Primary 2g,

I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed so many things about being in P2 this year. You have all worked really hard and will be great P3’s next year. I really like watching tornadoes on the television and would love to go storm chasing and see them for real although I think it would be pretty scarey. Enjoy the Procession tomorrow.

Have a lovely, long weekend.

Miss Henderson