P5d

This has been a busy week in P5d.

We had the second of our rugby taster sessions and were invited along to the sports centre to learn how to play short tennis. Here are some of our comments and pictures….

Aaron – in our P.E. lessons with Mr Jeffries we have learned about quick reflexes and we had to use quick reflexes at the short tennis. We also had to use what we have learned about balance and agility to help us.

Viggo – I could see that the things I have learned with Mr Jeffries helped me to play short tennis.

tennis 002

tennis 004

tennis 014

tennis 064

LATC

We have been learning about evolution, different species and habitats this week. We are creating a new species and building a habitat for it then we will take all this information and create a fact file about our new species. Pictures will follow over the next couple of weeks.

We are also watching caterpillars develop into butterflies. Our caterpillars are now at the chrysalis stage and will be transferred to their butterfly home on Monday to complete the change into a butterfly.

tennis 087

James – We have watched the caterpillars shed their exoskeletons …..it was very interesting to watch.

To help us with our next writing piece we have been learning about personification –

Aidan – The old boat crawled across the waves.

Emma – The sun glared down on me.

Daniel – The black car screamed along the road.

Brooke – The waves ate the boat.

Have a great weekend……5 weeks to go !!!

3 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Viggo is keeping us up to date with the caterpillars. What an amazing thing to be able to watch in class!