Indian Delights in P4g

This week in P4g we have been learning about india as part of our topic ’80 Days Around the World’. On Wednesday, we had an Indian afternoon. In P4g we tasted indian food; mango chutney, poppadums, raita, chapattis and saag aloo and in P4m we did Bollywood Dancing with Miss Mowat.
I enjoyed tasting the India food. I liked all of it! – Brooklyn
I really enjoyed the raita. I has mint, cucumber and yoghurt and a bit spicy – Lennox.
I loved the Bollywood Dancing. We learnt different moves that I wouldn’t have learnt at my dancing. – Sophie
I liked doing the dancing in Miss Mowat’s class. – Yasmin
I liked doing the dancing and we got to make up our own dance. Our dance was called Hot! – Abbie
I enjoyed learning about Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She was a nun and a teacher in India who went to help the sick, the homeless and orphans – Lucy
In Maths we have been doing fractions. We learnt about halves and quarters. – Lennox

ffractions

On Tuesday we planted tomato plants with Mrs Waddell. We took them home and are looking forward to getting delicious tomatoes later in the year. We also learnt about the life cycle of the plant.

tomto plant

In P.E. we are learning to play netball and we learnt about stepping and passing the ball. (Mrs Collings is very pleased as this is her sport!) We also learnt the differences between netball and basketball.

Pupil of the week – Ciaran for excellent work during problem solving bingo.

Article 28 – the right to an education

One thought on “Indian Delights in P4g”

1. What an exciting week P4g….
    dancing , planting, tasting foods from India…how exciting…
    I wonder where you are going next week ?
    Mrs Aitken