Class O….Growing Up and Keeping Healthy

This week we have been very busy learning more about the body and how to look after ourselves as we grow up. We have been focussing on making positive and healthy choices and investigated hearing and the lungs.

I have been learning about smoking and why it is bad for you. Smoking can damage your lungs even from being around the smoke. Your lungs will disclour with yellow and black. I really enjoyed the epxeriement and activities. They were very interesting. (Josh)

We investigated hearing and why it is important. We learned about how the ears work and how sound travels to the brain. I really enjoyed the Brainpop video we watched. It was fuuny. It talked about having cheese instead of a brain. I carried out a sound walk. I could hear lots of differnt sounds. (Cary)

We have been learning about the human body. We have learnt about the lungs and how they help you to breathe. We also looked at the ears and how they are importent for hearing. We learnt all the different parts of the ears and what their job is. (Caitlin)

I really enjoyed learning about ears and lungs this week. We had a model lung made out a bottle and a balloon which helped us to learn about how we breathe. We learned about what we could hear by going on a sound walk around the school. (Adam)