Class 1 Love Music

On Wednesday, Class 1 had a very special visit from Miss Thompson.  Miss Thompson is a music therapist and she brought a big box of musical instruments with her.  To start, Miss Thompson sang the hello song.

David – I was singing with Miss Thompson. Singing “Going to the river”. Lewis and David were singing. The music stopped, shhhhh.

She asked all of the boys and girls to choose an instrument to play along with her.

Yolie – I played the cymbal.  It made a big loud noise.  I covered my ears.

Jayden – I pretended I was playing a guitar. I played loud.

Joe – I liked the cymbals best. They make a big noise.

Next Miss Thompson gave everyone a chime and a beater.  We had to listen very carefully to know when to hit the beater and when to stop.

Lewis – Everyone stops when Miss Thompson says ‘Stop’ and everyone plays when Miss Thompson says ‘Go’.

Gabriel – I said “Who is the boss?”. Should we listen to Miss Thompson or the boys and girls? I liked playing the tambourine. Sometimes we asked people what to do.

Miss Thompson is going to bring her instruments to class 1 every week.

One thought on “Class 1 Love Music”

1. Hi Class 1,

WOW! Your visit from Ms. Thompson sounds really fun and it sounds like you had a great time learning to play all of the instruments. I’m looking forward to hearing all about her visits over the next few weeks.

Miss Henderson