Planting and Growing

In The Garden

This week we have been learning what plants need to help them grow.  We learned that they need water, sunlight and soil.  We have enjoyed taking care of our plants in class 1, we have been taking such good care of them, look how much they have grown! 

‘I have been learning how plants grow up and how babies grow up.  Plants need compost and water and sunrise.  Not too much water or it wouldn’t grow.  Babies need water, milk and healthy fruit and veg.’ – Cameron

My plant is growing up!’  – Yolie

They’re still growing.  Grow, grow growing like a beanstalk!’  – Jayden

Lewis created a poster to show what plants need to help them grow and what boys and girls need to help them grow.

Class 1 love spending time in the investigation area. 

‘We are learning about in the garden.  We have been learning about plants and flowers.’ – Jayden

‘I am holding a magnifying glass.  I am looking at the bee.  It is black and yellow stripes.’  – Jayden

‘I am doing the jigsaw’. -Yolie

Yolie’s favourite thing about this week, was singing ‘Build Up’.  Yolie sings the song beautifully and remembers all of the actions.

In school this week, we have build up.  I like build up.  Build up one another!’ – Yolie

3 thoughts on “Planting and Growing”

1. Hi Class 1,

WOW! I am so impressed with how much your plants have grown. You must have been looking after them well. Your investigation area looks very interesting and lots of fun. Well done, on singing the Build Up song brilliantly at Celebrating Success.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. I have been helping lots in my garden at home with weeding and putting in new plants all different colours.

3. Hi Mya,

We would love to hear more about your garden at home. If you have any photographs of your new plants, we would love to look at them in class.

Class 1