P5D

Almost Easter!

Class Talks –

It’s been a busy week as we began our class talks about Victorian inventions. We discussed what our success criteria would be then we each had a recording sheet to make notes on how well prepared people were or if they made good eye contact with their audience and spoke clearly.

Chloe – Rays talk was about Coca Cola and I didn’t know that each day the Coca Cola trucks around the world travel more than 1,000,000 miles.

Joe – Coca Cola wanted a Christmas ad that would grab people’s imagination and they put Santa in red and white (the Coca Cola colours) and he’s been in red and white ever since.

Sasha B – Eve did a really good talk about the camera being invented. I never knew it could take 3 days for a picture to be taken and developed in the Victorian times and the cameras were much bigger than they are now. Eve brought in a Box Brownie.

Topic –

This week we have been busy putting the finishing touches to our assembly about the Victorians. We were all very excited to perform in front of the whole school and our family and friends who made it along.

Sasha B – I found it really hard to play the recorder along to one of the songs but I managed in the end.

Jamie W – I had good fun and I think that Sam did really well and I liked his part.

Sam D – I was the posh butler and I was really nervous during the first assembly but it was easier in the second one. I had lots of fun.

Sophie W – I was really nervous at first but when I saw my mum I was not so nervous.

Jordan R – I thought Ray did really well as the curator.

We are all extremely tired after such a busy week and Mrs Drummond says we all deserve a well earned rest.

Have a great weekend!

4 thoughts on “P5D”

1. Hi Primary 5d,

I really enjoyed your assembly this morning and was very impressed with your singing, acting and moving about from one part to the other. The families who came along looked like they were very impressed too. Well done, everyone.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. Hi P5D

All of us in P2g really enjoyed your assembly. We have been learning about describing words and we have one to describe your assembly – awesome!

Mrs Haddifon and all the boys and girls in 2g.

3. Hello 5d,

Were you nervous before your assembly? Relieved and happy to see smiling faces in the audience? Congratulations on your team effort in sharing your learning about the Victorians with everyone.

Not long until the Easter holidays now,
    Mrs Spence