HIGH FIVE FOR SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM!

WINDYKNOWE 1 BALBARDIE 5

On Wednesday 25th of March Balbardie PS played Windyknowe PS. The squad line up was:Tom in goals,  Daniel D and Daniel M in defence, Dean as sweeper, Sophie and Declan out wide and Logan as striker. Starting on the bench were Ewan ,Ben and Luke

About 5 minutes into the game Balbardie took the lead with Sophie scoring a fantastic goal making it 1-0. Then Windyknowe scored their first goal making it 1-1. Just after that we all worked as a team passing the ball about and not giving up and that led to Declan scoring our second goal making it 2-1. At half time we were so happy that we were winning 2-1 so that gave us a boost for the second half. It was our kick off and we scored just seconds after it by Logan making the score3-1. Twenty minutes left to full time Balbardie won a corner, Declan took the corner it was a fantastic ball into the box and then Logan headed the ball into the back of the net and so it was 4-1. Logan went for a dribble in the last 5 minutes making it an amazing 5-1 to Balbardie. It was the first time we have beaten Windyknowe for  four years.

Player quotes:

Declan: “I am so proud of the team for working as a team sticking together and passing the ball around and that led to us winning.”

Captain’scomment:

Sophie M: “I’m so happy that everyone worked as a team and not giving up when it was 1-1 and everyone was motivating each other (I’m sure the new strips gave us luck as well!).

Match report by Sophie McMillan and Declan Sneddon.

3 thoughts on “HIGH FIVE FOR SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM!”

1. Congratulations to everyone on the Balbardie football team. I’m very proud of you all for playing so well and achieving a great score line. You looked brilliant in your new strips which I know you were all excited about wearing for the first time. Mr Berginis was so proud of you all that he forgot to take his off an wore it to school the next day:). I’m looking forward to reading your next winning match report.

Miss Henderson