Class 3 Go Shopping

This week we went to the shops for Out and About.

Josh had a shopping list from his parents and it was his responsibility to find and buy everything on the list. He said “It was great to buy my own sausages. I had them for dinner and they were tasty.”

Geordie had some items to buy for different people. Miss Henderson needed toothpaste and Mrs Stewart needed ribbon. He said “I got toothpaste for Miss Henderson. It was great because she gave me a sticker.”

Cary and his family needed some messages from the butchers and newsagents. He said “I was pleased to get a certificate for super manners at the shops. I didn’t know that I was that polite.”

Callum had an item to buy for Mrs White at Boots. He said “I enjoyed it a little but I got cross at the end.” Hopefully next time if Callum tells the adults there is a shop he would like to visit we can go there too. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough time on this shopping trip!

Nathan agreed with his Mum a budget and he was unsure what he wanted to buy before we left school. After a chat with Mrs Stewart he decided on a book from WH Smiths. In the end he decided on a comic. He says “I got something that was cool. The books were too expensive.” Well Done Nathan for making a good independent choice.

The adults think that all boys are showing excellent skills whilst out in the community and are showing progress in their independence skills.

One thought on “Class 3 Go Shopping”

1. Hi Class 3,

Your Out and About shopping trip sounds like a great success. I’m very impressed with how well you all did when out at the shops in Bathgate. Thank you, Geordie for getting me my toothpaste. You followed my instructions well and got me exactly what I wanted and the points on my Advantage Card too:). I’m looking forward to hearing all about your next Out and About trip.

Miss Henderson