P5d

It’s been a very busy time in p5d!

Last Friday we had a Victorian tea party. All the children really enjoyed sharing their learning with the parents. We did lots of different activities including copper plate writing, making thumatropes, peg dolls and fortunes tellers. We also had a tea party with homemade scones and cucumber sandwiches and we had tea in fancy cups like the Victorians would have! The adults found our Victorian tea party etiquette amusing. We finished the morning off with a Victorian song that everyone really enjoyed.

Lucy M – I enjoyed making a fortune teller with mt mum.

Teigan R – having my mum in class was exciting and we made a peg doll.

This week we visited New Lanark as part of our Victorian topic. We visited the Victorian school room where we dressed up as Victorian school children and had a pretend lesson. We also went on the Annie McLeod ride which told us about her life in the Victorian times. We were all surprised that children would work a 10 hour day and then go to school afterwards. Mrs Drummond thinks this is a great idea!

Rachel Q – I really enjoyed the Annie McLeod experience.

Also, we have been learning how to stretch sentences. We can all see a difference in our work already! We now know how to make our sentences more interesting by using who, why, where, when and what.

Mhairi H – I know when there is a noun I can add an adjective to make it more interesting.

That’s all folks!

2 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Wow what a busy week P5D – New Lanark looks like it was a lot of fun – I have never been. I will need to get Rachel to take me there one day.

I really enjoyed your tea party last friday although I was a bit disappointed I didn’t get a scone – I think you had eaten them all before I got there. Thank you for inviting us to your classroom…your singing was excellent !

Neil Quinn

2. Hello everyone in 5d,

Your visit to New Lanark last week sounds like a great experience. Did any of you think there was a ghost on the Annie McLeod ride? It certainly seems to have helped you learn more about life in Victorian times and how good for you all to see and explore the mills and factories for yourselves.

I have enjoyed seeing your photos from the trip and hearing about how well your Victorian tea party went. I’ve also enjoyed seeing some of your work on stretching sentences. P3w are working on this with me on Thursdays. Maybe you could come along and share some of your learning with them seeing as this will be new to us?

Mrs Spence