Another busy week in Class 3

Class 3 have been very busy this week taking part in various Health and Fitness activities.

On Monday we had a Silver Circle time were we moved around three different stations.

GeordieIn class 1 we learned that everyone has the right to a healthy lifestyle. Everyone should have healthy food and clean water, a house  and medicine if they are ill.

JoshWe practised races in the hall.  For the egg and spoon race we used a potato!

CaryI loved playing on the wii in class 3.

On Tuesday we played Boccia. Before we tried it we watched a clip on the Smartboard which showed us how to play it. It is kind of like bowls. You have to throw a little ball to start with. Then everyone throws their own ball to see who can get nearest to the little ball.

Wednesday was Sports Day. This is Nathan running in one of the P5 races.

Afterwards we had our very own Class 1, 2 and 3 award ceremony. We had worked hard to join in and watch the  races.

Josh getting his medal.       

Josh – I liked my medal. It made me feel good. Sports Day was really good and I liked the egg and spoon race.

Another exciting thing that happened on Wednesday was that Cary worked with Mr Marsden to transform the sensory room into an Angry Birds haven! He then invited the younger children in to explore  and play with the activities that he had set up.

Cary – I put up lights and  used the sparkle ball to make stars. I filmed the little ones with the iPad.

Mr Marsden and the class 3 adults were very impressed with what Cary had created.

Cary – The best thing about it was seeing the wee ones have fun.  I feel proud and I think my mum will be proud.

Our last Health and Fitness activity this week was a very special healthy snack.

Aidan I thought that the fruit skewers were really tasty and I really enjoyed having a cheese toasted sandwich.

Thanks very much to Mrs White and class 2 for preparing it for us :).

One thought on “Another busy week in Class 3”

1. What a busy week class 3. You have all tried very hard to join in with the health and fitness activities and we have had lots of fun learning about new sports. I really enjoyed Boccia.
    Cary, your Angry Birds sensory room was fantastic. It was so kind of you to create it for the other children to enjoy. I think your mum will be very proud too.