Chromebook Agreement

The Chromebook Agreement below is a template that schools may wish to adapt to suit their own needs.

Chromebook Agreement

As a pupil, I agree to:

▪   Look after my Chromebook carefully at all times and follow the control measures listed on the Chromebook Provision and Use Risk Assessment

▪   Bring the Chromebook into school every day unless told otherwise

▪   Always store my Chromebook in its supplied case when not in use, and store it in an appropriate school bag when outside my class

▪   Only use my Chromebook in lessons when instructed to by my teacher and close it or put it away when my teacher says so

▪   Only use apps on my Chromebook that my teacher has agreed I can use in the lesson

▪   Only use my Chromebook to record audio or video clips with the clear and explicit permission of everyone involved in the recording

▪   Never access inappropriate content on my Chromebook

▪   Not remove any security markings and not allow it to be subject to graffiti

▪   Check my Chromebook and its charger and cable for any signs of damage every week, especially if there are any exposed wires/broken cables, and report as required

▪   Bring my Chromebook and its charger and cable into school when asked

▪   Immediately report without delay any damage, loss or theft of any of the associated equipment to the school technician or Depute Head Teacher responsible for ICT

▪   Report any technical problems to the ICT Technician

▪   Not leave my Chromebook charging overnight to reduce the risk of fire

▪   Not use or charge my Chromebook and associated equipment near water/liquids to reduce my risk of electric shock and possible injury

Reduce or avoid the use of extension cables as much as possible when using or charging the equipment

As a parent/carer, I agree to:

▪   Ensure that my child cares for and respects their Chromebook

▪   Ensure that the Chromebook, its charger and cable are inspected visually on a weekly basis and any damage is reported without delay to the school technician or Depute Head Teacher responsible for ICT

▪  Ensure that no attempt is made to repair damage to the Chromebook by anyone other than the school ICT Technician, as attempting to repair the Chromebook at home may void the warranty

▪   Immediately report any loss or theft which happens out of school to the school technician or Depute Head Teacher responsible for ICT

▪   Ensure that the Chromebook is returned to the school if my child leaves the school, or at any other time upon the request of a senior member of staff

▪   Monitor my child’s use of the Chromebook on the Internet at home, to ensure that only appropriate websites are accessed

The school agrees to:

▪   Provide each S1 pupil with a Chromebook and access to a range of digital learning resources

▪   Provide pupils with a range of learning opportunities which make use of the Chromebook, both in school and at home

▪   Provide parents/carers with ongoing advice to help them support their child’s use of their Chromebook

▪   Make sure that the Chromebook is working and that any repairs are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible

▪   Carry out an annual inspection of the Chromebook and its charger

▪   Give pupils an introduction to using and caring for the Chromebook.  This will include security, online safety, maintenance and health & safety

▪   Provide wireless access to the Internet across the whole school site. Provision will be made after school to allow pupils to complete homework/carry out research using the internet if required. The school will not be responsible for any costs involved, nor content accessed, when the Internet is used out of school

▪   Issue questionnaires to pupils and parents/carers to help us in our ongoing evaluation of the project

Acceptable Use

We expect all parties concerned (pupils, parents/carers and the school) to follow all the rules and procedures listed above and contained within the risk assessment. If, however a pupil breaks these rules then the school reserves the right to restrict or remove their access to any school digital facility.  Specifically in this case:

• If a pupil persistently refuses to follow a teacher’s instructions or stay on task, they may be told to put their Chromebook away for the rest of the lesson
  • If a pupil accesses the Internet inappropriately, they may be banned from accessing the Internet in school for a period of time.  Parents/carers will be notified if this happens
  • If a pupil persistently or seriously misuses their Chromebook, it will be removed from them by a member of the Senior Leadership Team or Pupil Support staff for a period of time. If this happens parents/carers will be invited in to help the school resolve this matter
  • In extreme cases, the Chromebook will be removed permanently

Chromebook Agreement

Pupil name Pupil class

Your Chromebook will not be issued to you without this page being completed and returned to the school.  You understand that failure to follow this agreement may result in your Chromebook being returned to the school.

Pupil agreement

I agree to look after my Chromebook at all times and to the statements laid out in the Home School Agreement document.

Pupil signature
Date

Parent/Carer agreement

I agree to help my child look after their Chromebook at all times and to the statements laid out in the Home School Agreement document.

Parent/Carer signature
Relationship to pupil
Date