iPad Pilot Acceptable Use Agreement

Header2-1
2020 iPad Pilot AUA

XXXXXXXX Primary School iPad scheme will provide pupils with an iPad and a range of e-learning tools and resources to assist and enhance their learning at school and at home.

All parties involved (pupils, parents/carers and the school) must agree with all of the terms and conditions outlined below.

As a pupil, I agree to:

 Look after my iPad carefully at all times
 Charge up my iPad every night and bring both the iPad and the supplied charger into school every day unless told otherwise
 Always store my iPad in its supplied case when not in use, and store it in an appropriate school bag when outside my class
 Only take my iPad out in class or in my home – never in the playground, when walking between classes or when travelling to and from school
 Only use my iPad in lessons when instructed to by my teacher and close it or put it away when my teacher says so
 Only use programs on my iPad that my teacher has agreed that I can use in the lesson
 Only use my iPad to record audio or video clips with the clear and explicit permission of everyone involved in the recording
 Never access inappropriate content on my iPad
 Not remove any security markings and not allow it to be subject to graffiti
 Immediately report any damage, loss or theft which happens in school to XXXXXXXX
 Report any technical problems to XXXXXXXX
 Ensure that all work stored on the iPad is regularly backed up

As a parent/carer, I agree to:

 Ensure that my youngster cares for and respects their iPad
 Immediately report any loss or theft which happens out of school, firstly to the police and then to XXXXXXXX
 Ensure that the iPad is used solely by the youngster that the school has given it to
 Ensure that the iPad is returned to the school if your child leaves the school, or at any other time upon the request of a senior member of staff
 Monitor my youngster’s use of the iPad on the Internet at home, to ensure that only appropriate websites are accessed and only appropriate apps are installed

The school will:

 Provide each pupil with an iPad and access to a range of e-Learning resources
 Provide pupils with a range of learning opportunities which make use of the iPad, both in school and at home
 Provide parents/carers with ongoing advice to help them support their youngster’s use of their iPad
 Ensure that the iPad is working and that any repairs are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible
 Give pupils an introduction to using and caring for the iPad. This will include a session on security, e-Safety, maintenance and health and safety
 Provide wireless access to the Internet. Provision will be made after school to allow pupils to complete homework/carry out research using the internet if required. The school will not be responsible for any costs involved, nor content accessed, when the Internet is used out of school
 Issue questionnaires to pupils and parents/carers to help us in our ongoing evaluation of the project

Acceptable Use

We expect all parties concerned (pupils, parents/carers and the school) to follow all the rules and procedures listed on pages 1 and 2. If however a pupil breaks these rules then the school reserves the right to restrict or remove their access to any school ICT facility. Specifically in this case:

 If a pupil persistently refuses to follow a teacher’s instructions or stay on task, they may be told to put their iPad away and work from a book/paper for the rest of the lesson
 If a pupil accesses the Internet inappropriately, they may be banned from accessing the Internet in school for a period of time. Parents/carers will be notified if this happens
 In extreme cases, if a pupil persistently or seriously misuses their iPad, it will be removed from them by a member of the Senior Leadership for a period of time. If this happens parents/carers will be invited in to help the school resolve this matter
 If an iPad is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, parents may be asked to contribute towards the cost of a replacement device, depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Our Vision
The Stirling & Clackmannanshire Education Service 20#20 Excellence in Learning Technology Vision is one of high achievement, attainment, ambition and inclusion, promoting excellence for all our children and young people across Stirling and Clackmannanshire through the use of 21st century learning technologies.
The 20#20 Excellence in Learning Technology Vision is closely aligned with the Scottish Government’s ICT in Learning Vision; “Scotland’s educators, learners and parents take full advantage of the opportunities offered by technology in order to raise attainment, ambition and opportunities for all.”