Should we have a “huge distrust of the increasing use of ‘brands’ in education which leads to increasing competition between the ‘haves’ and further disadvantage among the ‘have nots’?”
Dean Groom discusses…
There are FIVE things that kids need to know about and apply.
- All media messages are constructed.
- Media messages are constructed using a creative language with its own rules.
- Different people experience the same media message differently.
- Media have embedded values, opinions, and points of view.
- Most media messages are organized to gain profit and/or power.