The Groupwise email server will shortly be closed down, please ensure that you are now accessing your email via Outlook in Glow Office 365.
All Education establishment staff and centre staff (including education admin staff) have all been provided with a Glow account that gives them access to a fully functional Office 365 with unlimited web storage, free Office 2013 downloads on home computers/tablets, a Glow email address and an extensive range of tools provided within the Glow environment.
The reason for providing everyone in Stirling and Clackmannanshire Education with this set of tools is to improve sharing and support, communication and collaboration between
- Educators across all establishments
- Establishments and the central education team
- Educators and Establishments across Scotland
- All Education staff should view their Glow account as their primary or priority account, including school admin staff in all sectors.
A limited number of Education staff have been provided with a second account, in the stirling.gov.uk O365 environment. This account is limited to email, contacts and calendar – it does not currently provide any additional benefits beyond this.
The reason for providing a limited number of Stirling O365 accounts to specified staff is to
- Ensure that establishments continue to have access to certain corporate services (eg servicedesk, e-financials, shared HT diaries etc), and corporate staff addresses
- Ensure the GCSX account holders continue to have access to GCSX mail
- Ensure that external ‘others’, including prospective parents and agencies can continue to get in touch using the long-established email addresses that are published on the internet and in existing school and council literature
- Corporate stirling.gov.uk accounts should be checked for new mail from external agencies, used when accessing corporate services, and when the formal corporate email address is required or deemed to be the most appropriate, given the circumstances.