In Newton Primary School we believe school uniform contributes to the ethos of our school and provides a sense of identity and belonging for all children. We encourage the wearing of school uniform at all stages within the school, the children look very smart and feel very proud.
The uniform consists of:
- Grey or navy skirt/dress/pinafore or formal navy/grey shorts or trousers
- White Newton Polo shirt
- Royal blue Newton sweatshirt or cardigan
- Primary 7 only – option of navy Newton sweatshirt (new for 2016)
- Traditional black school shoes (no trainers)
Newton Primary School sweatshirts, outdoor fleeces and polo shirts can be ordered from the school office by completing an order form towards the end of each term – the date will be given in the newsletter, and also directly from Logoxpres (click on the image below).
There are also sweatshirts and polo shirts for nursery children bearing the Newton Nursery logo.
We discourage the wearing of jewellery for safety reasons, with the exception of watches. We also discourage football colours, baseball caps and sports trainers for school shoes.
- White Newton Polo shirts
- Checked short sleeved dresses
Gym Kit (P1 – P7) – gym kit required in school every day
- T-shirt (available with school logo and name printed on the back
- Slip on gym shoes or similar (non-marking soles)
- Jewellery/ear-rings should not be worn for PE for safety reasons. If ear-rings cannot be removed parents should provide tape to place over them.
- Games Kit (P6 and P7) A list will be available from class teachers e.g. jogging bottoms, trainers, waterproof jacket.