School Travel Plans aim to show how the school community intends to make travel to and from school safer and more sustainable for children, parents and staff. Many of our children do walk to school, unless the weather is inclement. We wish to make the journeys for walkers and cyclists safer. We are also trying to reduce the number of children who travel by car to the school gate. The plan is created in consultation with children, parents, staff and residents.
Aims of Newton Primary School Travel Plan
- Widen journey choice to and from school
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Improve health
- To outline guidelines for :
- safe routes to schools (walking and cycling/scooting, park and stride)
- safe use of bicycles / scooters
- safe use of the school car park
To view our complete School Travel Plan click here.