Our Actions: Provide opportunities for pupils to become ‘Book Buddies’ when visiting the library with their classes
We aim to:
- Promote and encourage the participation of pupils in the First Ministers Reading challenge.
- Provide opportunities for reading for pleasure for all pupils throughout the school year.
What have we achieved so far:
- Reading questionnaire for whole school.
- Design and ‘decorate’ P3 and P5 reading nook.
- Created World book day posters to encourage whole school participation.
- Wrote a list of ideas to share with classes to encourage shared enjoyment of reading.
- Made book recommendations bookmarks for the library.
- Created our own characters in groups and wrote a story including our characters. We then acted our stories out in small groups.
The next chapter for Book Buddies:
- We hope to have a visit from Dunblane Library.
- We are looking into an author visit.
- We are hoping to set up a paired reading scheme with parents in our renovated library.