Every year at this time Newton Nursery ask parents, carers, staff and children to help them to support the ‘Rotary Club Shoebox Appeal’.
Shoeboxes will be delivered to school this week and will be available to collect from the nursery or the school office. If you prefer you may ask your child to collect a shoebox on your behalf.
Please see the attached advice from the Rotary Club regarding making up the shoeboxes.
The Rotary Club ask that you do not wrap the box but feel free to decorate the sides with felt tips or crayons.
A suggested donation of £2 towards transport costs would be helpful. This may be done by taping coins to the outside of the lid of the box.
Please return all boxes by 5th November 2018
Further information from www.rotaryshoebox.org
Please follow the link below for P.6 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.6 Sharing Learning Leaflet
Please follow the link below for P.5 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.5 Sharing Learning Leaflet
Please follow the link below for P.4 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.4 Sharing Learning Leaflet
Please follow the link below for P.3 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.3 Sharing Learning Leaflet
Please follow the link below for P.2 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.2 Sharing Learning Leaflet
Please follow the link below for P.1 Meet the Teacher information leaflet.
P.1 Sharing Learning Leaflet
NSPCC will be visiting Newton this session to talk to children about the Speak Out, Stay Safe Campaign. Please see information below sent home via Parentmail.
NSPCC Speak Out, Stay Safe Parent Letter
European Day of Languages
Newton Primary School will be taking part in ‘The European Day of Languages’ which will be held on Wednesday 26th September 2018. It is a time to celebrate the 6,000+ languages spoken around the world, promote language learning and have some multilingual fun!
The purpose of the European Day of Language is to celebrate both the cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe and to encourage and promote language learning.
The aims of the European Day of Languages include:
- To celebrate the diversity of languages and cultures within Europe
- To encourage language learning at any age
- To promote intercultural understanding
- To diversify the range of languages learnt
How can you help?
For Primary 1-4
We are looking for volunteers who would be able to come into school on Wednesday 26th September and read a story, or song or teach a few words to the children in a different language. Perhaps you are a native speaker or have learned a language for work?
For Primary 5-7
We are also looking for volunteers to talk to the children about how languages have helped them succeed in the world of work, or how it may have helped secure a job.
If you think you can help please phone or email the school office and we will be in touch.
Further information will be issued at a later date.
Thank you for your support,
Friday 28th September at Newton Primary School
- 7.30pm arrivals for an 8pm start. Evening finishes 10.30pm.
- Your Wine Tasting host will be Shane Dunning of WoodWinters, Bridge of Allan.
- Enjoy a welcome glass of fizz on arrival.
- The wine tasting challenge is based on a blind taste game – 8 wines to try (4 red, 4 white). Can you correctly identify all 8?
- Prizes on the night!
- Light nibbles provided.
- We’ll make teams up on the night so come along as individuals, couples or groups of up to 6. Dubious team names welcome!
- £15 per person. Use the tear off slip below to book your place.
- Please join us for a brilliant night of fun and fundraising!