Healthy Heroes is one of the ‘Build Up’ groups and is made up of P1 -3s, some P7 leaders and Miss Myles. Our aim is to explore how we can keep our minds and our bodies healthy. We have had lots of fun so far completing activities on different topics. Here are some examples below:
- Healthy foods – we have spent time discussing why we eat healthy foods, sorting between healthy and unhealthy snacks and making a healthy packed lunch box.
- Healthy cooking – we made delicious fresh fruit rocket skewers in term 1 and a banana spread, sweetened with honey in term 2.
- Dressing properly – we explored how we can keep healthy in different seasons through the clothes that we wear. We dressed up, did some role play and made paper dolls dressed for different seasons.
- Exercise – we have talked about why it is important to exercise and explored different ways of exercise. We have tried out lots of different energising and calming short exercise videos from GoNoodle.
- Hand-washing – we have learned about how germs spread and how best we can wash our hands to stop germs in their tracks!
- Talking about feelings – we know why it’s important to talk and who we can talk to.
- Forgiveness/the importance of saying sorry – we spent a few sessions learning about how we can feel better if we say sorry and if we forgive. We created our own mini drama plays to rehearse and perform to the rest of the group.
- Mindfulness – We have built on the mindfulness strategies we’ve learned in class and started each Healthy Heroes session with a short guided meditation.
Thinking about all the different aspects of what being ‘healthy’ means has been a fun way to learn and the P7s have been wonderful leaders for the P1-3 heroes so far.