Empty Classroom Day

On 17th May P4 went out for empty classroom day to Ochlochy Park and Holmehill.

First we walked to Ochlochy Park.  When we got there we went into groups then we played ‘sheep and shepherd’.  After that we went around 4 stations.  One group played rounders, another group walked around the loch to find different shades of green to make a paint palette, a different group did ‘back to back drawing’.  My group started at the bug hunt.  We found lots of bugs.  After that we played football and then we got ice lollies from Mrs Miller’s husband!!!  We walked back to school for lunch.

Next we went to Holmehill.  Once we got there we did 4 more stations.  They were leaf detectives, bark printing, spelling using things we found on the ground and we also found out the age of trees.  To tell the age of a tree you need a rope and a metre stick.  First you rope the rope around the tree then you put it on the ground.  Then you get the metre stick and put it next to the rope.  Once you have your measurement, you divide it by 2.  After that you have the age of the tree.

I enjoyed empty classroom day because it was fun.  I learned how to the tell the age of a tree and how to identify trees.

By Brodie M

On 17th May we went out for empty classroom day.  P4M and P4WE went to Ochlochy Park and Holmehill.

First we walked to Ochlochy Park.  When we got there we played ‘sheep and shepherd’ for our warm up activity.  Then one group played rounders, another did bug hunting, one did back to back drawing and the last group did find the paint colour around the loch.  After that we played football and had ice lollies.

After lunch we went to Holmehill.  We went into new groups and our group went to find the age of trees.  The other groups went to bark rubbing, spelling and leaf detective stations and it was so much fun.

What I learned was how to find the age of trees and the height of trees because I did not know how to find out the age of trees.  It was all so fun and exciting.

by Jake R