Literacy strands covered by LiteracyPlanet
Grammar & Punctuation
Want to learn more?
How to improve spelling with LiteracyPlanet
Spelling is an important aspect of literacy that helps with reading and with learning the connections between letters and sounds. It’s a complex skill that involves multiple components, including visual memory and phoneme-grapheme awareness.
LiteracyPlanet’s spelling exercises can improve your students’ spelling skills in just 30 minutes a week (7 – 10 exercises per week). They consist of short, quick and fun exercises where spelling is turned into a game that keeps your students engaged.
Key features include;
- Multiple spelling categories plus audio support.
- Numerous word lists for all school year levels.
- Lists that include phonemic word groupings, word family groupings, prefix and suffix groupings, conventional spelling and etymological groupings.
- Easily trackable progress using LiteracyPlanet software.
Spelling skills your students will gain
As well as learning to recognise the links between letters and sounds, our spelling exercises will help your students to:
- Recognise links between words
- Become proficient in key areas of the syllabus
- Build the foundation for other key areas of literacy.
And the results speak for themselves, with schools using LiteracyPlanet achieving scores 5 -11% higher than the average for the spelling component of their standardised literacy assessment.