Ritty Tomichen | Reporter

With several preliminary exams approaching, a little bit of stress has taken over some student’s minds. However, some last-minute revision and a little hope and prayer will help you get what you deserve!

So, what’s this Saint Joseph got to do with any of this?

St Joseph of Cupertino is, yes, you guessed it, the Patron Saint of taking tests and of students. He is also the Patron Saint of Aviation, Astronauts and the Mentally Handicapped.

A little bit about St Joseph:
St Joseph was born to a modest carpenter father and a very firm mother. From an early age he had the awareness of God and this was so that he went up to heaven. He pursued a career in trade however eventually going into the Franciscan order to become a capuchin priest. There, he faced a lot of trouble as he was not the best in his studies and he had to leave. The priests felt sorry for him and invited him back as he had a genuine love towards God, which he practiced through his actions. He was ordained a priest three years later.
His spirit was truly in union with God as at several times he had risen above the ground, during Holy Mass. This great devotion is truly something Catholics can look up to and when examining his holy body, the blood in his heart was not there. This was because he had requested many times, while alive, for Jesus to take his heart and burn it.

How can He help me?
There are numerous testimonies, including my own, through his intercession and prayers. I have spoken of this miracle many times to many of my acquaintances; that it was definitely through the intercession of St Joseph and praying to God that I was able to achieve a brilliant N5 Maths Result!

You have proof, all you must do now is pray!

Here is the Prayer in Preparation for the Exam (So before studying):

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
Through Christ our Lord.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us.
Amen.

I used this prayer before every examination last year:

O St. Joseph of Cupertino who by your prayer obtained from God to be asked at your examination, the only preposition you knew. Grant that I may like you succeed in the (here mention the name of Examination eg. History paper I) examination. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
O St. Joseph of Cupertino pray for me
O Holy Ghost enlighten me
Our Lady of Good Studies pray for me
Sacred Head of Jesus, Seat of divine wisdom, enlighten me.

Pass it on!

Share this Post