Easter Holidays

Hello everyone, are we all good?

So, today marks the start of the Easter holidays and I know it probably isn’t the holiday you were expecting. School will be ‘closed’ for the next two weeks but I have some activities that you might want to try over the holidays.

Here are links to some STEM activities you could try. Some have an Easter theme and some don’t. I had one egg left over which was out of date so I made it into a bouncy egg using vinegar!

Crash Test Eggs

rubber egg

Kitchen Science

NASA   – This is an excellent website to learn things about Earth and space! Have any of you noticed a really bright star in the sky recently? That’s Venus! I look out my window every night to try and see it. Last week I managed to spot the International Space Station moving across the sky too, it was SO cool!

Here are some Numeracy challenges:

easter egg challenge

How many eggs?

Here are some art activities you could try too:

Last but not least, here is a book scavenger hunt you could try at home (I’m sure you all know by now how much I love books!)

bookshelf-scavenger-hunt

I know there are a lot of links and things there but these are just suggestions to keep you busy! Please do not feel under pressure to complete them!

If  you do have a go at some of these activities, remember to send any pictures to gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk. I would love to see what you have been up to!

Stay safe everyone and I will speak to you all in two weeks!