Check-in/John Lewis Competition

Good morning, everyone!

I hope you are all safe and well.

Here is this week’s check-in. Please help your child to add a comment to this post by Friday. They can just say hello and tell me how they are or they can tell me what they have been doing.

Mrs Graham has come across a John Lewis competition which hopes to raise funds for the N.H.S. Children are being asked to design their own Superbear! The winning design will be made and sold in stores to raise money. If your child would like to enter, click on the links below for all the details.

https://www.johnlewis.com/content/your-partners-through-it-all/feel-good-friday

JL-DesignYourSuperBear-Templatepdf

Good luck with any entries! 

Mrs Lindsay

29 thoughts on “Check-in/John Lewis Competition

1. Hi Mrs Lindsey,

I have been doing my comprehension. I have been practising my six times table as well. I’ve been doing this app called Sumdog and I read some Scooby Doo stories on readonmyon.com. I read some Whizz Pop Bang comics. I did some of my switch games as well. I ate dandelions as well, because mum found this on this website about how to make stuff out of plants.

(Done with microphone, with prompting and corrections)

2. Hi Mrs lindsey i have been doing my spelling and my time job my mum gave me. I have been doing lots of study ladder and I am done nearly done my diary of a wimpy kid book. I have been doing a covid 19 time capsule. Stay safe, Jack.

1. Hi, Jack! Have you enjoyed reading The Diary of a Wimpy Kid? How are your younger brothers doing? I bet you are a great big brother to them and help your Mum look after them! Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

3. Hello Mrs Lindsay

I have been doing my times tables and having fun with my cousins. We play Brawl Stars and call each other on Houseparty. I have mostly been going on my scooter for my daily exercise. I have been getting on good. How are you?

1. Hi, Idrees! I’m fine, thank you! I’m glad to hear you are good and having fun with your cousins. I was out on a scooter on Monday with my daughter, Ava. Keep safe. Mrs Lindsay

4. Hi Mrs Lindsey. I’ve been doing my six and seven times table and I’ve done my quarter to job today. I’m enjoying home school with my mum.

1. Hi, Heather! I’m glad to hear you are enjoying home school with Mum. I bet you and your Mum are a great team! Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

5. Hi Mrs Linsday, I have been working hard on my phonics book. I did 2 science experiments this week with help from my mum and dad, they were cool. I have been helping clean the house and enjoy hoovering. I hope you have a good weekend when it comes

1. Hi, Olly the Scientist! What experiments did you do with Mum and Dad? What a great boy you are helping out around the house! Robbie and Ava try to avoid cleaning and hoovering! I hope you have a good weekend too. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

6. Hi Mrs Lindsay,

How are you? I am good, I think it has been a very quick week. I have enjoyed doing my tasks this week. I also helped my mum and Gregor do his STEM activity. It is the one where you fit the egg in a bottle. We have our eggs soaking in vinegar just now. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Lewis x

1. Hi, Lewis! I’m fine, thank you. I think it has been a quick week too! Times flies when you are having fun! What a kind boy you are helping your brother with his work. Can you let me know what happens next, please? Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

7. Hi Mrs Lindsay

I hope your doing well. I have been reading Rumpelstiltskin this week. He is naughty little man. I have made my clock and doing some time work. It was fun. I have drawn rainbows on the pavements with chalk to brighten up peoples day. I hope you stay safe. 🙂
    From Jacob

1. Hi, Jacob! I am fine, thank you. I like that story too. He is a naughty little man! What a kind thing to do, that will really cheer people up. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

8. Hello Mrs Lindsay,

I hope you are well and had a nice spring break!
    I had lots of fun during the holidays but i am missing all my school friends!

This week i have been doing lots of “au” activities including word searches which are my favourite, i have been using studyladder doing time activities to earn lots of coins for my room, i am saving for new wallpaper. I have also been using sumdog for maths. i have been reading Hairy Maclarys Caterwaul Caper when Scarface Claw gets stuck in a tree.

i have been out lots of walks and out on my bike as well as playing fortnite with my friends on my switch which i love 🙂

take care,
    Leon

1. Hi, Leon! I am fine and I had a lovely holiday with my children, thank you. I am missing everyone at school too. You have been busy! My son, Robbie likes to play Fortnite as well. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

9. Hey room 5, Mrs Anderson here just popping by to see how you are all doing. I love catching up through Mrs Lindsay’s blog, and I must say I’m very impressed with all the hard work you are all doing! Some of the activities I’ve been busy with are completing jigsaws and drawing. Keep smiling guys, stay safe and never forget how amazing you all are! Love Mrs A x x x

1. Hiya, Mrs Anderson! Lovely to hear from you! How are you? The boys and girls have all been working very hard and I am so proud of them all! Ava and I have been doing jigsaws and drawing too, as well as, gardening, singing and dancing! I know you are a great singer and dancer too! Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

1. I’m well thank you Mrs Lindsay. Oh I have been singing lots 😊 ‘tho Mr Anderson does wear his ear muffs when I do … cheeky! I’m sure Robbie and Ava are keeping you busy! Speak soon. Mrs A x

10. Hi Mrs Lindsay,

I have been having lots of fun playing with my family. We have 5 caterpillars that we are looking after and watching turn into butterflies. Then we will set them free.

Hope you have a fun weekend.

From Alfie.

1. Hi, Alfie! I’m so glad you are having fun with your family and watching five caterpillars turn into butterflies must be so interesting! Have a lovely weekend too. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

11. Hi Mrs Lindsay,
    I did the scavenger hunt with my brother this week, it was really fun. Have you read the book “Slime”by David Walliams? I have been enjoying reading it with my mum and dad, it’s funny. From Jesse.

1. Hi, Jesse! I’m glad you enjoyed doing the scavenger hunt with your brother this week. I haven’t read it yet but I have heard it is very good. I think I will need to buy it so Robbie, Ava and I can read it. Keep safe. Mrs Lindsay

12. Hello Mrs Lindsay.

Sorry we are late.

I have been playing very nicely with my sister. We have been for walks to the woods. We made chocolate brownies and we had a pyjama party too.

I have done quite a few worksheets too.

My little sister and are in Sean Battys Mini Mets team. We made a rain gauge and are observing clouds.
    We were on Stv news on thursday singing! We were riding our bikes and singing I Can Sing a Rainbow.

Hope you are ok Mrs Lindsay I miss you all x

1. Hiya, Freya! Wow! You and your little sister are famous! I’ve never been on the news! Robbie, Ava and I have been going out for walks and baking too. I miss everyone as well. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay

13. Good morning Mrs Lindsay

I have been practicing telling the time and I am starting to get the hang of it now.

I am really enjoying going out on my bike and I cycled 6 miles on Sunday.

Yesterday I was doing weird science and made slime and an asteroid which is just like a bouncy ball.

I am also interested in the solar system and enjoying finding out facts about all of of the planets.

Enjoy your long weekend.

Have fun!

Lewis Saunders 🙂 x

1. Hiya, Lewis! Wow, cycling six miles is amazing! Well done! I don’t think I could do that! What facts have you found out about the planets? I hope you enjoy the long weekend too. Stay safe. Mrs Lindsay