Check-in

Good morning everyone. Myself, Mrs McGarvey and Mr Miller would love to hear from everyone to see how you are getting on and what you have been up to. I am hoping that today and tomorrow I can hear from as much of you as possible. So please write a comment below to let me know how you are. It doesn’t have to be long!

I have heard from a few of you but my aim is to hear from EVERYONE! So lets see how many people we can get to comment below. I would love to hear what you have been up to!

Miss M πŸ™‚

32 thoughts on “Check-in

1. Dear Miss McAvoy, Mr Miller, Mr Campbell and Mrs McGarvey,

I hope you are all well, and were able to enjoy the Easter holiday.

I have been busy – doing lots of maths and literacy, and even art and science. Mummy put a tent up in the garden for me and Lucy to play in, and we are hoping she will let us sleep in it one night too – if it is not too cold! We have made some bird feeders for our garden, and a couple of painted cork hanging mobiles. We have also made a bug hotel and painted some rocks which we are going to leave in the Fernbrae Meadows, near our house, when we go out for a walk later.

We have also become part of Sean Batty’s Mini Met Team, and made a rain gauge which we need to check every Friday and send the results to him. We are now also reporting on which types of clouds we see each day. It is very interesting!

I have really had fun and am enjoying the sunny weather, and I hope you have too.

Love from Jack

1. Thank you for letting me know what you have been up to! It sounds like you have been very busy and having a lot of fun. I have seen your lovely photos that your Mum sent to the school email and they all look fantastic!
      I have been enjoying the weather, thank you!
      Stay safe and I hope to see you soon!
      Miss M πŸ™‚

2. Jack, you are taking parts in lots of exciting activities and I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying these. Keep up the great work and as Miss McAvoy has said, the photo updates are amazing, please keep these coming!

Stay safe and it’s been lovely hearing from you.
      Mr Miller

1. Thank you for checking in! Hopefully you get to see them soon. I’m glad you have been keeping yourself busy. Stay safe.
      Miss M πŸ™‚

2. Dear Miss McAvoy,

I have been very busy doing my spelling and I’m racing through my Maths. My Mum thinks I need harder sums!

We started making papermache animals. I have been rollerskating around the garden. I have been drawing and making videos, but my Mum and Dad say I am not allowed my own YouTube channel. I also got a new loft bed in my room. My Dad had to spend all afternoon building it.

I had a lovely Easter and I hope you did too. πŸ™‚

From Niamh πŸ™‚

1. Thank you for letting me know! It sounds like you have been very busy and having lots of fun! I’m glad you are doing well in your maths and feeling confident, if you feel like you can give yourself a challenge – GO FOR IT! Stay safe and hopefully I will see you soon.
      Miss M πŸ™‚

3. Hello Miss McEvoy
    Thomas Smith here. I hope you are well. I have been doing PE with Joe Wicks. My mum and dad bought me new books and I started reading “the boy at the back of the class” yesterday. I have been practicing division too. I wrote some sentences about my Easter Holidays which we spent in garden.
    Love Thomas x

1. Hi there! That sounds great. I’m glad you are doing lots of revision and keeping yourself active. Keep up the hard work! Thank you for getting in touch and i shall hopefully see you soon. Miss M πŸ™‚

4. Hi Miss McAvoy! I’ve been practising my guitar, doing PE with Joe, completed 310 laps of my garden and reading Harry Potter! Thomas (H)

1. Wow! That sounds very busy! You must have been tired after doing all those laps. I’m glad you are doing well and it’s great to hear from you!

5. Hi Miss McAvoy,
    I have missing all my friends but trying to FaceTime those I can, for everyone else a big hello from Isla!

I have been doing lots of work and reading new books in the garden. I have enjoyed painting stones and making love heart shaped scones.

I also have enjoyed sneaking on to my mums video call πŸ™‚

Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the weather!

See you soon
    Isla

1. Thank you for updating us all. I’m sure everyone in Room 8 is happy to hear from you. I’m glad you have been working hard and keeping yourself busy. Hopefully see you soon!

6. Hi. It’s Ethan. I want to see my friends again.. but have been doing lots of cycling, reading and some homework stuff. I have been playing with my sister and watching movies and tonight I am camping with my dad for cubs. Stay safe everyone

1. It sounds like you have been having lots of fun and keeping yourself busy! Hopefully you get to see all your friends soon! Thank you for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

7. Hi Miss McAvoy, it’s Euan Thomas here.
    I’ve been keeping busy with my schoolwork from the blog and been keeping active by doing football training and boxing in the garden or going out bike rides with my Mum. I love listening to elevenses by David Williams. I’m really missing my friends but I FaceTime Louis and we have a wee chat!! I had a virtual cub camp yesterday which was lots of fun.

1. It’s great to hear from you. I’m glad you are doing well and keeping yourself active. Hopefully you get to see your friends. Thank you for keeping in touch πŸ™‚

8. Hi everyone, I hope everyone is okay. I have been busy doing challenges for different cub badges. I have done chef that was fun . I have done Readers badge I did not enjoy that. I had to camp out in the garden on Saturday night and so did Morgan as she is a Beaver Leader. It was fun toasting marshmallows. Last week we were all out a walk before lunch and my dad said to go path along side the Clyde it was shorter. 11 miles later he admitted he had made a mistake. It was dinner we got home for . I have been out riding my bike, playing football in the garden and playing a fun ball game my mum made up. I have been doing my schoolwork . I’m missing talking to my friends.

1. It sounds like you have been very busy! I’m glad you are enjoying yourself. You must have been very tired after that long walk! Hopefully you see your friends soon. Take care πŸ™‚

9. Hi Miss McAvoy, I’m doing well but I’m missing my friends a lot. I’ve been FaceTiming them which is good. I have been working through all of my work in the mornings and then going out for walks in Fernbrae Meadow. Miss you Miss McAvoy and hope
    you’re ok too. Love Sophie xx

1. Hi Sophie! It’s great to hear from you. I’m glad you are doing well and keeping yourself busy. I am doing good, thank you and I am missing everyone also. πŸ™‚

10. Hi Miss McAvoy i have been doing hand art and making salt dough prints. I have helped my mum in the garden and painted my brothers room. We have been baking lemon shortbread and red velvet cupcakes. I am trying to learn how to ride a bike. I hope your doing well and see you soon.

11. Hi, Lucy Hunter here. I’ve been doing PE with Joe every morning and an online art class every day. Loads of arts and crafts and drawing. My mum and Dad helped me
    learn how to ride my bike in 2 days. Because I did really well I got a new bike. I have also been doing spelling, writing and maths. I read a chapter of my book every day. My dad built me a tent den over my bed and I have had virtual sleep overs. I’m really missing school, the teachers and all my friends.