Home Learning work – Week Beginning 23.03.20

Hi all! Hope everyone is well. I’m missing you all very much! Welcome to your first week of Online Learning. This is very different for all of us so it might take some time getting used to it! Here is a copy of a weekly timetable template you can use if you wish, you do not need to use this but feel free if it helps you have some routine to your day! – Room 8 Weekly Planner

Lets start with some positivity! 

Each week I will post work for that week. The hope is you should complete some Literacy, Numeracy and other types of activities each day. However, don’t worry, just do what you can. Spend time doing fun family activities in your home or garden where possible. Make sure you help around the house – some chores, help with cooking. I’m sure this would be beneficial for adults!

Just a quick update of spelling words for this week! In the ‘Home Learning Pack’ you should have a received a copy of a spelling activities grid. Here is a copy: spelling grid. You can use this to choose some activities to complete with your spelling words. Words for this week are as follows:

Red: You have some common words to work on this week – write, answer, began, heat, page, walk, water, picture, once, until.

Blue: You also have some common words to work on this week – too, school, some, never, know, yellow, father, mother, each, year, away, always.

Green: You will be consolidating some sounds you have been learning the last few weeks – (e-e, ss, ll) well, will, fell, call, miss, messy, stress, pass, these, scene, theme, complete.

You can continue to work through the ‘Home Learning Packs’. Please try to complete the two reading comprehension activities in the pack. In addition, READ, READ, READ whenever you can! This can be your school reading book or a personal reader from home.

Here is a copy of the reading comprehensions that were in the ‘Home Learning Packs’ if you do not have them – spring comprehension 2      pollution comprehension 2

Please work through some of the Maths activities that you have in your ‘Home Learning Packs’. As well as this, here is some work for each group to complete this week.

Squares:

Circles:

Triangles:

PE:

Make sure to get some active time, whether that be in your home or in your garden. Here are some ideas to help.

• Joe Wicks will be uploading PE lessons daily so might be good to join in. (Miss McAvoy will also be joining in)  https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/videos
  • Create some stations in your garden to work round. Adults can join in too! – PE Stations

Topic: 

• Create a PowerPoint presentation about a Viking topic of your choice – Clothes, food, Gods etc.
  • Practice your Viking writing – Viking writing
  • Decorate your own Viking shield or sword – viking shield and sword

Health and Wellbeing:

• You can continue watching Newsround everyday and complete the quiz on a Friday.
  • Do 3 tasks to help your adults around the house.
  • Create a poster about personal hygiene.
  • Have some Mindfulness Brain Breaks. I’m sure adults would like to join in too. Remember the bunny and bee breathing we have been learning in class. Here are some other ideas – Mindfulness Brain Breaks

I hope all of this makes sense. Remember you do not need to complete all of these. These are suggestions to help you! I will be checking the blog everyday so if you have any questions please let me know. Keep yourself safe and keep working hard!

Miss M 🙂

2 thoughts on “Home Learning work – Week Beginning 23.03.20

1. Hello! IS this the right place for Gregor to receive info about home learning ? He is in Ms Robin’s and Mrs Cameron’s P4 class . I can’t see anything for his class – Room 9. Many thanks, Nicola Menzies