Week 18 at Heathery Knowe Primary School and Nursery Class

As we finish the final full week of the term, I would like to thank parents and children for the support offered to the school since our return in August. We appreciate the many kind messages that have been received and suggestions about how routines can be improved for all.  I hope that all children, families and staff have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas break. I know many children are looking forward to seeing family members and enjoying time at home.

End of Term

All routines and procedures to reduce the risk of transmission remain in place until the school closes. This means that children will sit at their allocated classroom and dining hall seat even if fewer children are in class. Children will continue to play in their allocated playground zone. Children are unable to bring toys and games to share with their friends and full school uniform should be worn.

Some parents have contacted the school to inform me that their child will not be attending next week as they are hoping to reduce the risk of transmission before meeting vulnerable family members on Christmas day. If you have made this decision and have not contacted the school, please email me to let me know and this will prevent you receiving an absence alert text on Monday.

Heathery Knowe Primary School and Nursery closes at 2.30pm on Tuesday 22nd December. All children will exit the building from the normal doors.

Winter Clothing Campaign

South Lanarkshire Council is  pleased to launch a new Winter Clothing Campaign. From Monday 21st December 2020 until Sunday 10th January 2021, SLC is asking members of the public to donate new or nearly new winter jackets suitable for nursery, primary or secondary-aged children and young people. A central team will arrange distribution to children and young people across SLC who need them.

The drop-off points across SLC are at the following supermarkets:

Morrisons, Hamilton
Morrisons, Stewartfield East Kilbride
Morrisons, Lindsayfield East Kilbride
Tesco Metro, St Leonard’s East Kilbride
Tesco, Lanark
Tesco, Carluke
Tesco, Lesmahagow
Morrisons, Cambuslang

Please support this campaign if you are able to.

Christmas raffle

Primary 1/2 children have organised a raffle to raise money for school funds. Raffle tickets can be purchased on ParentPay if your child would like to enter the raffle.

Christmas performances

All Christmas class performances are now available to view on Google Classroom. We hope you enjoy watching the video.

Return to school

Please remind your child to bring their waterproof clothing back to school at the start of term.

All children require indoor shoes. Younger children will bring home their indoor shoes for parents to check if they are too small or damaged and need replaced. Older children will check in school and bring them home only if they need replaced.

School reopens on Wednesday 6th January 2021 at 9am. The playground opens at 8.30am and children can enter class from 8.45am.

I hope everyone has a lovely break and look forward to seeing the children on their return to school.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Kirsty