Home learning 11/05/20

Good Morning everybody,

I hope you all managed to make the most of the lovely weather we’ve been getting. It was our dog, Lottie’s 3rd birthday on Saturday and so we went on a big walk with her to celebrate. Lottie loves lockdown because her humans are always around to play with her and give her loads of cuddles. We are trying to look at the positives of lockdown in our house. Its not always easy  and sometimes I know its hard to be enthusiastic when we miss our friends and family so much. I find that getting up and moving can really help me to feel positive and so the first activity I’ve set for you this week is an active one, involving all the family.  Make up a workout, using the letters of your name. Have some fun and pretend  to be Jo Wicks –  get the whole family involved.  Look at the video link below to find which exercise goes with each letter of your name.

Studyladder & Easi-maths

I am absolutely delighted that so many of you have accessed these programmes. Did you know that you can change the appearance of your avatar, as well as buy things for your studyladder room using coins that you earn for completing tasks? I have added more activities for you to complete. Try to do a little every day on study ladder and at least 3 20 minute sessions per week on easi-maths.

As always, look at the tabs for new spelling words. Pencils & Rubbers: this is a revision week for you, so practise the words already there. Use the active spelling strategies for 15 minutes each day and then have someone test you on Friday to assess your progress.

Talk for Writing have produced excellent home learning resources. This week I’d like you to work through the following:

Maths

• Use the DK 10 minutes a day app to practise the times tables of your choice.
  • Here are some ideas for practical maths activities. Rather than visiting a shop with an adult, why not set up a shop in your house with household items. You are the shop keeper, so you are in charge of giving items prices and calculate the change given. cfe-n-322-first-level-amazing-maths-day-cfe-homework-grid_ver_1(1)

Under the Sea

How did you get on discovering the different Oceanic Zones? Arran really enjoyed making an Ocean in a jar. This week our topic learning is to tune into Maddie Moate’s youtube channel every day at 11am. She’s doing a whole week of programmes about oceans!  It’s been reccommended by Nuria and her grown-ups – thank you!! I’m sure we will all learn lots. Maddie Moate is a new discovery for me and her programmes look really good.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEB&search_query=maddie+moate

Don’t forget to email  me with any photos of your learning at gw16mirnererica@glow.sch.uk

Take care and stay safe everybody,

Mrs Mirner : )

3 thoughts on “Home learning 11/05/20

1. Thank you, Mrs Mirner. We’ve heard great things about Maddie Moate and are looking forward to learning from her this week. Hope you had a nice break.

1. Hello Jack,
      We are fine thank you. Enjoying the sunshine and watching Maddie Moate! I’m glad you are enjoying all the weekly activities – it’s lovely to keep in touch with you.
      Mrs Mirner