Welcome back and let’s begin!

A warm welcome back to my weekly blog. I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing summer, enjoying the sunshine and the Commonwealth Games.

All staff returned last Monday invigorated after their holiday ready to begin another busy year in St. Cuthbert’s. We are delighted to welcome new members of staff Miss Speirs in Primary 6, Mrs Stark and Miss Jones, both Early Years Workers in our nursery class and a new Support Assistant Mrs McLean. The staff have all commented on the very positive ethos and warm welcome they have received from all involved in our school.

P2-P6 returned at 9am on Wednesday morning. They have all grown so much during the holidays. Primary 7 looked very smart, proudly wearing their P7 ties. I must thank and congratulate all our pupils and families for the very high standard of uniform on our first day back. It is greatly appreciated and contributes greatly to the high standards we now have in our school.
The sun was shining for our 24 Primary 1 pupils as they stepped through the door at 10am. Such an important time in their young lives. Miss McLaughlin welcomed them all as they embarked their learning journey. They all eagerly returned on Thursday and Friday – long may it continue!
On Thursday we had two fire drills, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In the morning we set a new time record and I did tell the children their behaviour was impeccable! A fantastic start to the year.

We welcomed Father Bogan to school on Friday to celebrate mass for the Feast of the Assumption. It was a beautiful celebration enhanced by many of our parents, grandparents and friends joining us. A perfect end to a very good first week back!

In the nursery our returning children settled well into the extended hours and we were joined this week by one our new boys. New children will continue to start nursery this coming week. Next week we will have a full report of all going ons in our nursery from our newly appointed Early Years Team Leader, Mrs Collins. Watch this space!

The diary is filling up quickly as always. This week we have the Hamilton Advertiser to photograph our new intake on Wednesday, P5 start their swimming block on Tuesday and their music initiative on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable week as we settle into our new classes and enjoy the many exciting learning opportunities ahead.

Thanks for reading my blog,

Mrs Hendry