Whiteness Primary 5/6/7

Love Learning Love Life

Recounts

This week P6/7 have been learning to write a recount. Here are three recounts of events from our class last week, written by Frankie, Libby, Martha and Edith.

Inter county by Frankie

On Monday 29th of August I played in the inter county in Lerwick at the click Amin. We won against the Orkney B team 3.0 in then the Shetland B Team played Orkney B Team Orkney Team won 2.1 Then Orkney As played Shetland B team Orkney A team won 3.0 the last game the Orkney A team played against Shetland A team it was 2.2 Orkney scored in the last 2 seconds and they won. The first goal in the A vs A teams the first goal was a penalty and Sonny Redman scored then Orkney scored then Lucas scored for Shetland in then Orkney scored in the last seconds of the game.

Bud Bus by Edith

Bud bus

On Thursday the 1st of September The bud bus came to our school. The whole school got to go on the bud bus. But different classes went at different times. There were 2 people showing us different things we could do on the bus and telling us things about the war.

When we first went on the bus there was a lady and she asked us things to see how much we knew about the bus and the war. There were questions like why do we wear poppy’s on Remembrance Day? or what does poppy Scotland do? and so on. Then we could look around and do different things we even got to make our own poppy’s

At the end the groop I was in got to clock in clock out a men showed us how to do it*/. Then we went off the bus.

THE END

Mareel and the Playpark by Libby

On Wednesday 31st of August, our class went on a trip to Lerwick! It was so much fun, here’s a recap!

First, we arrived at school and had our outside playtime. We came inside when the bell rung and got out our snacks, water bottles and put on our jackets and high vis. Miss Colclough got us into the line and got us to choose our partners. She and Katie took us to the bus and got us into our seats, the bus had started to drive to Lerwick after everyone had their seatbelts on. We went through Whiteness, through Tingwall, and into Lerwick! It drove over to the cinema door and we all got off there.

Miss Colclough and Katie led us into the building and we stopped in the lounge. The schools drama teacher Izzy greeted us in the lounge and led us upstairs.

WE COULDNT BUY ANYTHINGL

We were told about this new system when we went upstairs; we would be given a ping-pong ball to put into one of 4 buckets, it was a rating of how good the movie was! I rated an “Ehh, its okay. Not bad but not good.”

Next, they took us into the movie room and we got seats up at the very back! When all the schools had gotten there, a woman went down to the floor and gave a speech about the movie. After her speech the movie started.

The movie was called;

Jackie and Oopjen

After watching the movie, a man who worked at the cinema called Tim showed us around the whole backstage and how the movies work! He took us around the whole building and showed us the graphics designers, and Angus the janitor! After Tim showing us around us all said thankyou and left.

We walked up to King Harald Street and stopped to play at the playpark. We ate our lunch there, and played for a few hours! We waited for the bus to pick us up then we went back to school and it was hometime!<3

Swimming by Martha!

On the 28th of August our class went swimming to Scalloway. I was with Bronwyn on the bus we chatted about Dogs and Kiwis!

In the Pool I was in group 1 the first thing we did was races in 3s I was with Libby and Bronwyn. We did front crawl first and I went first when I got back I touched the wall and Bronwyn went and when she got back Libby went and we came 2nd! Next we got red and black surfboard floats and I went first again we went on our fronts the first time. But this time Bronwyn went last and Libby went 2nd after we did that we did it on our backs it was really hard I went 2nd because I didn’t understand how to do it but then Libby showed me so I went.

After that we had to get out so everyone went to get changed after I got changed the other group went in. We did spelling me and Bronwyn worked together because we had to share a dictionary. After we finished it we watched the group 2 swimming! And had our snacks.