Our Potions Experiement 🔎

Today we did a Potions Experiment in class.  It was awesome and thankfully it was a success!!!

Jenny – We used a bottle, oil, water, green food colouring and fizzy medicine tablets.

Ruby – We put oil in the bottle. We put water in it too.

Dhilan – The water went down to the bottom and the oil went to the top. Because the little things (molecules) in the water are really squeezed together so it makes the water heavier.

Erland – We put the green food colouring in the potion and it looked like lots of bubbles.

Mason – We put in the white medicine stuff and it went really bubbly and it started foaming and it flooded out the bottle on the table.

Measuring in Maths

In Maths, Primary 1/2 have been learning about measure.

Pupils have investigated the length of objects in our classroom and school.

Aimee – Length is about how long and small and short and tall stuff is. We put stuff in order from long to short. We measured things with our hands and with cubes.

They have also been investigating the weight of objects.

Cyrus – Weight is seeing how heavy and light stuff is. We measured a cube and a brush. I guessed the cube was heavier and I was right!

Trip to Tesco – Farm to Fork

On 5th October, Primary 1/2 went on a trip to Tesco!

Trina took us upstairs to the ‘classroom’, where we put on our yellow vests and got our clipboards.

First we got a guided tour of ‘behind the scenes’, seeing where the food arrives off the big delivery trucks and where it is stored.  We were even inside the huge fridge! It was cold!

Then we visited the Fruit and Veg aisles.  We had to find red, green, yellow and purple fruit and vegetables and draw pictures of them on our worksheets.

We went back upstairs where we got samples of lots of yummy foods, like cheese, tatties , smoked sausage, tomatoes and celery.  Everyone tried most things!

Dhilan – The trip was good. We got to taste food and go upstairs to other bits we can’t go to on our own.

Cyrus – I liked the sausages and the cheese. I saw breadsticks and hummus that me and Granny eats. Eating fruit and veg keeps you healthy.

Ruby – It was really good.  We tried some food. I liked the smoked sausage. I saw fruit. Fruit keeps you healthy.

The Shipwreck is complete!!!

The shipwreck is finished – hurray!  It looks absolutely fantastic 👏🏼 A big well done to Primary 1/2 who worked so hard on the model.  Everyone has enjoyed playing in it, pretending to be various ‘Under the Sea’ creatures, divers and pirates.

We used the shipwreck to come up with an imaginative story as a class.

Robbie – Our ship was called the Jolly Rodger. The captain is Red Beard and his parrot is called Scully. 300years ago the boat was going past Burra beach. It shipwrecked because of the big spikey rocks and the wind and rain. The treasure fell out the ship into the water. We found the treasure on the beach!!! It had gold and jewels and coins and crowns in it.

imageimage