When I go to Space! by Tim Peake (Kara)

Dear Diary, 15th December 2015

I cant believe it… tomorrow is THE day that I blast off into space! I have been planning and getting fit for years, now the day has finally come. I feel so honored to be blasting off into space and being the first British astronaut to board the International Space Station.

Over the last few days I have had free, I have been spending so much time with my family. I have felt so blessed to have loving family by my side whether I am in space or on earth. For my last few days on earth I have had a magnificent time with my family. We went to a nice little cafe for our lunch, then we went to the house and had a game of football. I am so gutted that I will not be there to see my children open their Christmas presents. Before I left I checked my Facebook and my friend said, “Tim I am so proud of you!”

I am concerned that the rocket engine fails and I go plummeting toward earth, we have problems with the ISS that I can’t fix or I get lost in space when I go on a space walk.

I am really thrilled to be going to space, especially when I look out the window and see the stars. I’m looking forward to experiencing zero gravity and seeing earth when I am travelling at 17,500 miles per hour.

I have mixed emotions about my journey out of this world, literally.