On the 1st of May we went to the Town Hall. We sat in the debating chamber which had lots of chairs and microphones.
We asked Malcolm Bell and Billy lots of questions. Such as:
- “Why the skips were taken away?”
- “When the new Anderson High School is going to be built?”
- “How long has the Town Hall has been around for?”
- “What was the hardest decision they have ever debated?”
- “Have you ever wished a debate had gone a different way?”
We learned interesting facts like when the Town Hall was built 1881 and at the time it cost £4000 to build.
Billy supplied us with yummy biscuits, juice and water!
Some people even got to try on the Convener’s bling (Chain of Office)!