P4B

Monday 8th June

Happy week everyone!     A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment | Coursera

Week 9 8th June

Curriculum Information for Parents Term 4 2020 part 2

Monday 1st June adorable-sunshine-images-clip-art-free-sun-black-and-white-clipart ...

I hope you have all had a  lovely long and sunny weekend. Great to finally see the sun!

This week I’ve left the grid at 16 squares and added some optional extras to the pages so that you still have plenty to work at if you so wish.

Bon travail tout le monde! Thumbs Up Emoji (With images) | Thumbs up smiley, Emoticons emojis ...

Week 8 1st June

Monday 25th May

Monday again! I can hardly believe how the weeks are flying past. I hope we will soon be able to get out and see a few more friends, at a safe distance, soon.

Well done to everyone. Your work is amazing and I can see that you are all trying your very best to keep up to date and challenge yourselves as best you can.

A short week this week so let’s hope for beautiful weather. I hope you all have a lovely week and and even better long weekend!

Week 7 25th May

Monday 18th May –

Good morning again.

The weeks seem to be disappearing despite the lockdown. I hope you are all well and ready for another week’s learning activities. Hopefully the weather will warm up and we can look forward to some more exciting outdoor fun!

Once again, this week’s grid is now in a class assignments folder as well as here. All literacy and numeracy tasks are in the Class Notebook. Enjoy! 🙂

Week 6 18th May

Monday 11th May –

Good morning everyone.

Thank you again for all your hard work. I’ve really enjoyed seeing some of the exciting things you have been getting up to at home. Great job! Let’s hope that the snow becomes a distant memory and we have a warmer week! ☀️ Sun Emoji

This week’s grid is now in a class assignments folder as well as here. All literacy and numeracy tasks are in the Class Notebook.

Enjoy! 🙂

Week 5 11th May

Monday 4th May – May the 4th be with you! 😉

Good morning everyone.  I can’t believe how fast the time is passing in lockdown!

Thank you all for the tasks you completed last week. Everyone seems to be managing really well with our new school home learning system, I’ve been very impressed with the high standard of work which you are all submitting.

This week’s grid is now in your assignments folder as well as here. All literacy and numeracy tasks are in the Class Notebook.

Enjoy! 🙂

Week 4 4th May

Monday 27th April

Good morning…not quite as nice as last week’s weather but, hopefully, it will improve through the week.

I hope you managed to check out some of the learning activities last week.

I’ve created a new learning grid for this week which is also in assignments. I’ve changed it this week so that it is more general. You will all find your own learning activities for literacy and numeracy on your own pages in the Notebook.

I’m hoping that, this week, you will be getting used to Glow and will be able to work directly on the Class Notebook pages.

Have fun!

Week 3 27th April – 1st May overview

Term 4 Curriculum Information

Curriculum Information for Parents Term 4 2020

What a beautiful morning!  ☀

Make sure you take the time to get outside and enjoy some fun in the sun!

This is an overview grid full of activities to keep you learning this week. Please look in Glow team assignments to find your own grid which will have more detailed learning experiences for you.

Again, this is new to all of us so please let me know if you have any difficulties with any aspect of the learning or if you find it too much!

Week 1 20th -24th April overview

Home Learning  🙂

Good morning!

This is an exciting day for all of us, we can finally get together…even if it is only virtually!

I hope you have all managed to get on to Glow and are beginning to find your way round all the different pages!

I’ve added a very simple introductory grid to the bottom of this post with a few daily activities for the rest of this week.  We can all experiment with the activities and try to upload photos or documents so that we can give each other feedback.

Remember – we are all new to this, including me! I’ll try my best to help you where I can and, if I’m not sure about something, I’ll ask someone else for help too!

It will take us all a while to get used to this new way of learning so don’t worry and make sure you just give it all a go…what could possibly go wrong?!  😉

Have fun!

I hope to hear from you all soon!

Learning Grid Term 4 week 1

Christmas Party Time

We love African drumming with Joy!

Smoothie Making

We made smoothies with the fruit we got from Tesco yesterday. Both P4 classes worked together. We were chopping, peeling, blending and best of all tasting. We made loads of smoothies and even went on a tour around the school to share our smoothies with the office ladies, Mrs McCulloch, Mrs Nicol and Mrs Angus.

We enjoyed trying some new smoothie flavours:

• Blueberry, raspberry, bananas and pineapple juice
  • Blueberry, raspberry, bananas, spinach and pineapple juice
  • Bananas, blueberries and milk
  • Bananas, raspberries and milk
  • Bananas, raspberries, blueberries and milk
  • Bananas, raspberries, spinach and milk
  • Bananas, spinach and milk

We were brave and tasted the spinach raw, some of us liked it and some of us didn’t. When the spinach was in the smoothie you couldn’t taste it the same.

We enjoyed trying new fruits and the colours looked really great when it was blending together.

We all learned how important it was to wash our hands before smoothie making and then we had to remember to keep our hands out of our mouths and noses!!! We made sure the tables were clean and used chopping boards when chopping the banana.

Tesco Visit

On Monday we walked to Tesco. When we got there we were shown upstairs, we saw where the manager works and we got to go in the canteen.

We found out that Tesco sell over 300,000,000 items a year.

We looked at the fruit and veg aisle. The items come from countries all around the world including Brazil, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Germany, Vietnam, Bolivia and the strawberries were from the UK.

We enjoyed getting to go in the big freezer, it was 2 degrees so we were cold. They put the items in there to keep them fresh. They get one delivery a day.

We make a great team! 🙂

Didn’t we do well! We sold daffodil bulbs in school and raised £100 for the Shetland MRI Scanner Appeal.

We enjoyed showing our parents our Number Notions homework packs.

The games are great fun, help us to learn in a fun way and can be changed in any way you want.

Our topic this term is Forces and Energy. We had a brilliant time looking for forces in action!

We made a few discoveries when working with ramps.

We have found number work so much better when we are active. We are learning to manipulate numbers and use new strategies to help us learn.

WE DID IT!

Well done Andrew!
We are all proud of you! Great athletics achievements!

In RME this term, we are finding out about how Christians worship. A big thank you to John Rollo for helping us understand more about what happens in the New Life Church.

Working together to improve outcomes for learners to be the best that they can be.